Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-04, 01:13 PM  
Bebop

Count me in. I definately need to do this. In fact, yest. I discovered a new pre-mix on the Cathe kick/punch/crunch DVD and was thinking to myself that I definately don't need anymore workouts since I haven't even done all the pre-mixes on the bodyblast series. Not to mention, I have a taebo DVD that I haven't mastered yet.

Ofcourse, I am expecting a new workout that I bought from another forum this week.

Still, as part of my computer time, after I get done reading VF, I tend to go on-line video shopping and I just don't need anything.

Not to go off topic, but it is related, anyone successfully sell older video workouts on E-bay? I have a small batch that aren't good collateral anymore on the swap and I really want to pair down my collection (make room for new workouts when this challenge is over ) kidding.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-04, 01:45 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Hi Nancy - That was a good try about the 6/6-6/12 week The challenge ends on Wednesday. If people still want to keep going with it, there's the No Buying Challenge. I thought that this might be a little less daunting than the NBC and I needed a little kickstart back to no buying.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-04, 01:58 PM  
Videophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat
Hi Nancy - That was a good try about the 6/6-6/12 week The challenge ends on Wednesday. If people still want to keep going with it, there's the No Buying Challenge. I thought that this might be a little less daunting than the NBC and I needed a little kickstart back to no buying.
Well I HAD to try.

Seriously tho' I buy most vids at Goodwill and other 2nd hand stores plus I try and trade. Just before your post I bought a "Bally Bag" and the only other equipment I have is a rebounder so I'm doing pretty well. If I didn't live in a studio apt. I'd have a regular gym in here, so my small amount of space does limit me Thank goodness.

Nancy
Videophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-04, 08:04 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

How's everyone doing?
Old 06-15-04, 01:14 PM  
Cate

Are we allow to MODIFY this challenge?? I've decided not to purchase anything in the line of fitness dvd's or tapes unless I sell some dvd's or tapes that are currently in my collection. I sold a bunch of tapes that I no longer use on Amazon and was able to purchase a new Cathe DVD for the same dollar amount. Does this qualify me for the challenge? LOL
Old 06-15-04, 01:58 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Cate -

That sounds great! It's exactly what we do in the No Buying Challenge. We find a system that works for us that usually entails doing all the virgin workouts or selling some workouts before we buy another. Glad you're joining us.

Nat
Old 06-17-04, 05:57 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Talking

Time up. I did it. Thanks.

Windy
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-04, 07:06 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Yay Windy!

I had a good week too. There was temptation about the Forrest Yoga set but I steered clear.

How about everyone else?
Old 06-17-04, 07:34 AM  
xanna
VF Supporter

Talking I did it!!

That wasn't so bad! Just stay out of the e-malls (ebay, amazon) and the real malls. I did shop yesterday but stuck to the essentials of life, and didn't even look at fitness related stuff. Thanks for the jump start!
xanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-04, 07:44 AM  
LovetoFirm

I did it too!! It was great. I think I'm going to check out the no buying challenge. Thanks!
LovetoFirm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no buy