Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-04, 08:48 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Oh and Missey (or should I call you Nana? ) - based on your signature, it looks like you'll be busy in just a few days! Congrats!!
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 06:20 PM  
LovetoFirm

Is VF exchanging allowed? That's technically "shopping", but its not buying, since you're exchanging. (Okay, I'll admit it, I can probably live without buying anything, but I love to browse the exchange and ya ya swap threads.)
LovetoFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 06:27 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I would say 'perusing' the swap is ok especially since the exchange listings come up when you check New Posts. I think that establishing a trade would be ok too but no money should exchange hands - does that sound fair?
Old 06-09-04, 09:14 PM  
LovetoFirm

Nat: That works for me!! Thanks.
LovetoFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 09:33 PM  
Nancy SV

I'll do it!! Actually that will be easy for me. I just wired all my money to the US yesterday, so I have no money to spend. I'll be getting on a plane on Saturday to fly to the US, and I have about 40 or so DVDs waiting for me there. I think I'm set for a week or more..... Ask be to go longer, and I will be in trouble!!
Nancy SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-04, 12:12 AM  
archiesgirl

I REALLY need to do this. My DH and I just bought a car for me to replace my other one, and I told him I wouldn't buy and exercise videos until January. It will be REALLY tough, but I'd like to do it, just to prove to him that I can.
archiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-04, 12:20 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindi
I'm in, and this is going to extend to ALL aspects of life, I'm not buying anything that I don't truly need.
This is what I've been saying every day lately. I am getting better about it, but even though I said I wouldn't buy anything at the AAAI convention, I ended up buying 2 Body Bars (which I felt like I need, but it's possible that I don't). So, count me in on this challenge. I CAN do it! I can DO it!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-04, 05:44 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

How was day 1 for everyone? I was able to sell a couple of things on the swap yesterday but didn't shop for or buy anything. Temptation crossed my path when I heard the new MR dvd was shipping but that's way out of my budget now anyway so I was able to refrain.

When I joined the No Buying Challenge a few months ago it was really hard to undo the habit of shopping which I had been spending at least an hour or two everyday on. I can tell you that it does get easier after the first few days.
Old 06-10-04, 06:09 AM  
Brenda in GA

I did it! I didn't realize how much "shopping around" I was doing. But, I did stay away from it all. Got to take my 15 yo boy shopping today...now to stay away from the video sections...

I can do this....I can do this....
Old 06-10-04, 06:39 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Went OK. I did see a sale box of DVD's & glanced through it thinking about workouts but stopped myself. I am so in love with my TLP's now. They get tougher each time I do them. I was even thinking about selling some of my Cathe's this morning.

Windy
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no buy