Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-04, 05:52 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

A Challenge Week - 'No shopping, No buying"

I've been hearing quite a few whimpering credit cards lately so I thought I'd try out this Challenge (with a capital 'C' ) And since there are no huge preorders on the horizon, I thought now would be a safe time.

The challenge is to go one week without buying OR even shopping for anything fitness related. Shopping to me is the time spent preparing to buy - price comparing etc. Don't worry though you don't have to go so far as to stop reading the VF forum.

I am a little worried that this idea with flop in the face of vidiocy but thought I'd give it a try. The No Buying checkin has made me feel worlds better about my video buying. Here's hoping a small taste of it will help others.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 06:02 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

I will bite. No shopping. No buying. Until next Wednesday morning. Only because I have my new TLP's to keep me busy!

Windy
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 06:30 AM  
Mollie F.
VF Supporter

Well, it does help that my P90X arrived yesterday and I'm going out of town till Friday .

I guess that I don't really spend much time shopping, though, so it won't be that drastic a change.
Old 06-09-04, 06:34 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

My personal no buying challenge

I'm trying not to buy anything else until next May. Well...Christi's new ones don't count, because I decided to buy her new FUNKtional fitness one when I heard about it several months ago. But other than that... Well, maybe trading will be okay too... And if I succeed, I want to reward myself with P90X to do next summer.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 06:34 AM  
LovetoFirm

I want to try this. I've bought WAY too many workouts lately. I need to spend more time working out, and less time shopping for workouts!!
LovetoFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 06:56 AM  
Brenda in GA

One week? I think I can handle this.
Old 06-09-04, 07:17 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

OK, good idea in principle, but bad timing - my 40th birthday is this week . Today, I'm going to buy those "yoga toes". The cheapo pedicure version is too small to stretch my toes (genetics + a lifetime of feminist shoe choices), but I like the feeling. To save money on shipping, I'll send them to a US address & a friend will bring them. I guess that counts as thrift. Oops, I guess that little tale was not in the spirit of this thread.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 08:05 AM  
Mindi
VF Supporter

I'm in, and this is going to extend to ALL aspects of life, I'm not buying anything that I don't truly need.

That means no unnecessary things thrown in the cart at the supermarket, no picking up extra tshirts when I'm at Target, etc.
Old 06-09-04, 08:25 AM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

I need to do this - I mean just how many different strength workouts do I really need????? I'm not sure I'll be able to - I have way too much time on my hands here at work lately and surf the internet to try to stay sane.

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 08:47 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Yay! I'm happy to have company and, Mindi, I like the idea of carrying over into other aspects.

I figure we can all just post here on a daily basis and then if the thread gets too big, I'll start a new one. How's that?

And happy birthday, Jacqi!!!
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no buy