Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-03, 11:02 AM  
ardnas

Between Milwaukee & Chicago, there are so many wonderful parks/trails that I love to go biking, in-line skating, and hiking through the woods (weather permitting, of course! )!
ardnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 12:30 PM  
Littljen

Well...as soon as I can afford it, I hope to take Irish dance lessons. My children are already doing it and it looks like a lot of fun.

I used to be in a co-ed softball league.

I love to hike, but rarely get a chance to do so.
Littljen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 05:16 PM  
Charlene
VF Supporter

run!

I ran my first half marathon last fall and plan to run my next one this coming spring . Plus, I am seriously considering buying myself a spinningbike for my upcoming 30th birthday!

Charlene

"“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.”

Rumi.

Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
Rumi
Charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 08:59 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I have started walking for 20-30 minutes between two of my classes with one of my colleagues, 4x per week. Otherwise, I try to get in some daily activity (parking in the farthest parking space in the lot, gardening, mowing, etc.) as often as possible.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 10:20 PM  
warriorprincess

I hang-glide often on weekends, and scuba dive. And I have Belly Dance class every Wednesday night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 10:24 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Walk

Thanks to my 4 dogs I walk 3 miles almost everyday. If I don't feel like walking the full distance, I half it. This is on top of my normal workouts.

I do love to alternate my walks with runs or walk/runs. I just really like exercising outdoors no matter what mother nature is up to.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 10:41 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

I garden for several hours most Mondays, although right now I'm out of state for a few weeks over the holidays so I'm getting a break. Garedens don't go completely dormant in the winter in Seattle so the amount of work changes but there's alway some to do.

In September I started taking ballet classes again but those, too, are on hold until January. I did, of course, get tapes to get me through. I'm thinking I might also take Pilates classes again in January to get back up to the level I was before life got in the way.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 11:11 PM  
AcademiaNut
VF Supporter

Nice Weather: cycling and swimming and ballet

Winter: indoor swimming and ballet. 2004 is going to be THE YEAR for ice skating. I'm determined. There is a lagoon on campus that is perfect for skating, and I'm going to learn how to do this!!! Last year I went once and spent most of my time on my butt. Some students I didn't know took pity on me and skated around with me for a little while, but I was so embarrassed to be taking them away from their hockey game that I didn't want to do that for very long. Maybe my kids will take their old mom skating....

Andrea
Old 12-06-03, 03:21 AM  
EriCha

I have taken ballet, jazz and modern. The main thing I do is Highland Dance, though I'm not doing that right now. As soon as I get myself back into better shape I plan to start competing again and take my teachers test. It is the ultimate cardio workout IMHO.

I used to horseback ride and took figure skating, though I never got beyond basic crossovers and one foot glides. That would be fun to do again but I can't afford it. Like Faith said, I'm sooooo glad videos are out there because they allow you to do a variety of activities for a one time expense.

Erin
EriCha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-03, 07:36 AM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Me...

My home life is very active (sit down a lot at work - software engineer) because of the kids. I burn a bunch more calories just living life than I did 6 yrs ago!

Other than that, I do some swimming and i'm taking a rock climbing class next wk at the Y.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dancing