Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-04-03, 11:48 PM  
DeltaMan727

What other Fitness Activities do you do?

Just wondering what everyone else hear does for fitness activities? I just started taking pilates and ballet at a local dance studio.

Geoff
DeltaMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 02:22 AM  
clarimon
VF Supporter

Window shop (walking in other words!), take a yoga class once a week
In summer I swim, bike, and roller skate

I used to take ballet too , but I recently moved to an area that doesn't offer any good adult classes.
clarimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 08:26 AM  
SooeyGun
VF Supporter

Walk, walk, walk and walk some more.

My DH and I don't have a car, so it's either public transit or walking. Neither of us like standing waiting for the bus or streetcar, so we walk if it's possible.

Susan
SooeyGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 09:38 AM  
Randi
VF Supporter

I walk a lot with my DH and dog, play tennis regularly and do lots of yard word.
Old 12-05-03, 09:42 AM  
actionwoman
VF Supporter

Walking

I walk about 45 minutes per day (not really an activity, but during my walk from the subway to work and back).
actionwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 09:46 AM  
Sabresfan

My DH and I hike and rollerblade alot in the summer. Now that it's winter we don't do so much, but I'm hoping to do more ice skating and sledding (walking back up the hills is alot of work!) this year!
We've also taken ballroom and swing dance lessons in the past and hope to start those again. I've also danced alone (ballet, jazz, tap, bellydance, modern, hip hop) and hope to start at least one class after Christmas, I haven't taken any since summer when I took hip hop.
Sabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 10:04 AM  
abbyalex

I WALK everywhere! I don't drive, so I rely on my feet to get me everywhere. Also I dance in local theater productions.
abbyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 10:05 AM  
Faith

Skate, and teach Skating!

Specifically, "inline skating" which most folks call Rollerblading. I also like to ice skate (but rink fees are expensive.) And if I could, I'd take bellydancing and flamenco classes. Oh-- and hip hop and strip aerobics classes. Oh-- and spin classes. I like taking classes-- it just doesn't work in my lifestyle right now. Thank heaven's for videos.

Faith
Old 12-05-03, 10:15 AM  
suzannaerin

Row! I have an indoor rower -- Concept 2 -- and love it. It's great for crosstraining with my other activities.

I'm w/the others who WALK. During the work week, I try to get out at mid-day for a 30 minute walk. Since I have a desk job, I'm "fresh air and movement" deprived. A walk does a lot of good physically and mentally. My only valid excuses for not walking are rain, icy walkways, or heavy snow! If I have a meeting, I'll walk either earlier or later.

suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-03, 10:57 AM  
roz

walk most evenings (when not working), and try to walk or bike for errands when possible (although biking season is over!)
I like to swim and play tennis and vacations usually involve hiking in the mountains (east coast-- haven't hiked out west).
We also take longer bike rides in the spring, summer, fall.

Yeah-- as far as the walking, I do this mainly to get outside and get some fresh air. Even on days that I work, I often get outside for a walk-- and I am on my feet pretty much 8 1/2 hours straight at work!
roz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dancing