Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-03, 09:46 AM  
Little D

Any 60 year olds?

I`ll be 67 next month and have been exercising for many years. My first tapes were by a woman named Debbie Crocker, she and Jane Fonda were one of the first with videos.

Due to a shoulder injury I am limited to walking and lower body, Exercise has made me feel like all you 40 and 50 years olds.

Are there anymore VF`s out there in their 60`s?
Little D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 09:50 AM  
dani21496

I just wanted to tell you that my grandma is 78 and works out all the time. She loves the FIRM workouts and Cindy Crawford's New Dimensions workout. She gets together with a bunch of friends, (a lot of them younger) and she works out 3 to 4 times a week. She's in GREAT shape too.

She was in a bad car accident a couple of months ago. The car rolled down an embankment and was totalled. My grandma had some bruises and scrapes and a big bump on her head, but she managed to crawl out of the upside down car and found help. She didn't break a single bone. I really believe her working out has kept her bones strong and she is in the best shape and even has some nice muscles!! She's about 5'00' 115 pounds. People can't believe how old she is!!

"When you're busy comparing one person to another or one experience to something else, you often miss out on what's right before you."

Richard Carlson, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
dani21496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 10:03 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

I'll be 60 in a year and a half. Close enough?

Been a regular exerciser for over 20 years. I started using recorded workouts with the original Jane Fonda. My routine has changed over the years. Yoga has been my major focus for many years now but I also do a lot of strength, (the necessary) cardio and pilates/Lotte Berk. I'm in better physical condition than I've ever been -- so I guess it's working.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 10:17 AM  
Diane in VA

60 in September

I started with Jane Fonda also -- first with the tapes and her book, and later my first exercise video -- the Workout. I work out with exercise videos regularly, walk 3 miles almost every day, and go to the gym with my husband 2 or 3 times a week to work out on the weight machines. I do all the Cathe's and Christi's, but I do modify. I really don't feel much different now than when I was in my 30's other than having to be careful about my knees on occasion. Exercise really does keep you looking and feeling younger!
Diane in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 10:54 AM  
Little D

I have to agree with Sharon. I am in better condition now than when I was younger. All I did then was push baby carriages, and go to anyone remember Gloria Stevens?
Little D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 04:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Not yet (56)

I not only remember Deborah Crocker, I still do the stretch tape she did for Esquire Great Body series. I also remember when her Upper Body Beautiful was the only upper body tape in the Collage catalog!

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 04:10 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Smile Hi Little D!

Since I have had the pleasure of meeting you in person, I just wanted to say that I think you are the coolest, fittest, youngest 67 I've ever seen! You are inspiring to all of us!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 04:55 PM  
Donna Marie

Thank You for Giving Me................

inspiration to keep going. You over 60's are very motivating to me since I am moving closer to the big 60. Bravo...I lower my head in reverence.
Old 07-30-03, 05:47 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

At 62, I feel great, thanks to regular exercise. I also use to do the early Fonda's and Kathy Smith's. When the Firms first came out, I did their workouts a lot. Now, I do mostly strength, cardio and functional fitness type workouts. I also do all the Cathe's and Christi's and am a certified video/DVDaholic VFer.
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-03, 05:59 PM  
roz

congratulations on your fitness habit!
Deborah Crocker was my first video instructor, too. I think it was Esquire's Great Body Series: Low Impact Aerobics. They (the three participants in the video) wore shiny baby blue spandex and yellow leg warmers. (maybe one wore yellow w/ baby blue leg warmers)
roz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging well, deborah crocker, esquire, over 50