Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-23, 03:36 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I had contemplated on buying it and then figured I could do a couple months of her on-demand. But, and it just may be me, the clips are not catching my eye but then again I am not doing heavy lifting right now.

If this had come out a couple years ago, I would have been all over it. But as I age, I am just not into that anymore. Yes I do still strength train but not like that.

I am glad with my decision but wondering if there are others that didn't buy or am I in my boat alone.
Ultimately I came to a different decision but I’m happy I gave pause to think it through.

Over the last few years I haven’t jumped in on every Cathe preorder because I just haven’t been as consistent with my workouts as I used to be. I’m getting older and I do think I need to workout as part of keeping fit but I’m still in the process of finding what works for me now. I’ve also been downsizing everything including my workout DVDs and I really don’t need more stuff. I gave this a lot of thought and ordered before the first pre-order pricing ended. I’ve had second thoughts on whether I was being honest with myself. But I do like what I’ve seen so far & at $4.80 per workout even if I only used them once it would be more cost effective for me (as opposed to buying a few at a later date). I do feel some guilt about accumulating more stuff but I’m not one to download or stream and I have already set aside more DVDs for the shredder.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-23, 08:45 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I don't know if this is appropriate or not but here is what happened a long time ago. If you want to know the whole story (this did not only affect me - it affected other customers/Cathe fans as well) you have to read quite a bit because it gets pretty bizarre.

http://96.30.11.231/~vfwnk/forum/sho...light=shilling

I apologize for derailing the thread and also dragging up something from the past.

Erica
This happened to me when I voiced frustration at the Hardcore series being only one workout per disc which took away that combined workout that she used to make. I was instantly banned from her forum. Hurt my feelings and I didn’t buy anything directly from her again till the Step Boss series which was disappointing and I haven’t bought anything since till STS 2 which I did buy. 1) because I do like to lift heavy, and 2) I’m not patient and I don’t want to wait ten years for it to get cheap on eBay. Lol. I hope she uses different lifts than her typical ones. I get so bored with her always using the same moves. Some of the previews look like Caroline Girvan stuff so I hope it doesn’t repeat that too much either. There are hundreds of weight lifting moves for each body part. It’s annoying when they get stuck on just a few, CG included. I guess that’s why a variety of instructors is great. They all like different moves.

I have acquired almost everything in between Hardcore to present except the stuff she made to peddle products (Fit Tower and Boss Bands) and her Perfect stretch one because she’s not my go to for stretch or mobility. I happily acquire her stuff through trades and third party so she doesn’t get my money. Lol. She has managed to acquire a large loyal following which is great for her business. I certainly don’t wish her out of business, just I wasn’t going to give her my cash. I thought for a long time before I preordered this time for sure.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-23, 08:22 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I ordered it, but I almost wish I hadn't. For me, Cathe just isn't FUN anymore. She's just all hard-core and even though we are probably about the same age, I am too old and cranky for that. Paula B's daily references to "workouts that feel like self-love!" has really changed my mindset and my body feels better for it.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-23, 10:00 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I ordered it, but I almost wish I hadn't. For me, Cathe just isn't FUN anymore. She's just all hard-core and even though we are probably about the same age, I am too old and cranky for that. Paula B's daily references to "workouts that feel like self-love!" has really changed my mindset and my body feels better for it.
I think you can still cancel now before shipping occurs for full reimbursement.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-23, 09:42 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I got rid of STS a while ago and have never been able to stick to that kind of rotation anyway. And honestly, with Cathe Live and everything I already have, it's time to start unloading rather than acquiring!

DonnaH
Old 02-24-23, 09:10 AM  
katalina

I'm only interested in her stretch and mobility dvds - and perhaps her yoga one. If it was an option, I probably would've ordered just her recovery workouts (even though I don't have a foam roller - I do like the way that one looks).
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-23, 12:31 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
I'm only interested in her stretch and mobility dvds - and perhaps her yoga one. If it was an option, I probably would've ordered just her recovery workouts (even though I don't have a foam roller - I do like the way that one looks).
You need to get a foam roller! It is the best thing for sore muscles.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-23, 09:04 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
I'm also more interested in the stretching and mobility workouts. I think Cathe is considering selling them as a separate set - saw a question on FB about it.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-23, 10:04 PM  
lisa122

I didn’t order. I never committed to the first STS, so I doubt I would ever do this set. I like my weight workouts quick and not excessive reps. In the future, I may want to order one of the dvds, especially if there is a recovery one.

Lisa
lisa122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-23, 10:35 PM  
MoFirmer

So far the only ones that might appeal to me are the abs and the foam roller one. I just don't want to do that heavy lifting any more. My body just doesn't recover from it and I don't find myself excited about it.

I am interested to see what Jessica Smith will be coming up with.

Tags
cathe, cathe preorder, cathe sts 2.0, sts 2.0