Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-23, 06:55 PM  
BunnyHop

I've been really happy with my glass nail files. Even my sister finally got one, LOL!!

I like the way I can use the moonfile to gently shape the actual edge of my nails (not the tip), because that's where my nails tend to break/tear. If you look at a few more of Salon Life's videos, she does full manicures, and shows her techniques. A bit more searching will help you find specific things like glass files, shaping nails in a particular style, etc. She does both long and short videos, and her short ones get right to the point, which I find very helpful.

Oh, and yes, I've been using Kerasal, usually at night just before bed. Massaging my feet is very soothing, and this is an added extra treat that seems to help keep my hands looking good too. Altogether it makes a nice addition to my bedtime routine.

I do have rather delicate nails, and tend not to have any trouble with calluses, so most of those products that soften calluses/deal with cuticles, etc, tend to be too strong for me. The Kerasal is not too strong, and a little goes a long way. (I also like the Blue Cross cuticle remover, and have even used some diluted in a pan of water to soak my feet, but I'm still experimenting with it since too much of a good thing can be a problem sometimes. )

I have tended to alternate between using jojoba oil, some other cuticle balms and the Kerasal, mostly to work my way through my supply of extra stuff. Not sure where I'll end up.

Oh, and I've been putting the Kerasal on an elbow callus, and it seems to do a good job with it, not too harsh.
Old 03-20-23, 07:06 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post

Oh, and I've been putting the Kerasal on an elbow callus, and it seems to do a good job with it, not too harsh.
That is good to know, as I have one of those that could use some additional intervention!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 08:18 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Eucerin Sensitive Mineral Tinted Face

https://www.eucerinus.com/products/s...mineral-lotion

This one was more moisturizing and way less matte than the Neutrogena so I liked that better. But, it only comes in one shady and it is a tad too dark for me, although, it does blend pretty well and is fairly sheer. I wish they had made more shades - a level or too lighter for me would work better. Still, I think I preferred it to the Neutrogena in terms of how it felt on the skin. It is also cheaper and I think you get more product. I also like the pump dispenser as opposed the tube.

Anyway - those are my sunscreen finds thanks to having some excess FSA funds to spend.

Donna
Donna, Dr Dray just reviewed this one and she likes it.
Old 03-22-23, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Sherry! I will have to check out Dr. Dray's review. I don't watch her that much any more, but I have noticed in the occasional ones that I have watched that she is wearing make-up these days- at least eye shadow and lipstick/gloss!

She actually does look a little healthier, too. I hope so. Any word about her mom - who just dropped out of sight at the start of the pandemic?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 09:32 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Thanks, Sherry! I will have to check out Dr. Dray's review. I don't watch her that much any more, but I have noticed in the occasional ones that I have watched that she is wearing make-up these days- at least eye shadow and lipstick/gloss!

She actually does look a little healthier, too. I hope so. Any word about her mom - who just dropped out of sight at the start of the pandemic?

Donna
I’m subscribed, but don’t watch her all the time either. She does look a bit healthier and wears minimal makeup. I’m sure it gives her more products to review lol. I still like her reviews, and find good products from them.

No, she hasn’t mentioned her mother, I think she’s been silent about her for years now. At least from what I can tell she hasn’t mentioned her or the dog. It is a bit weird, but I guess she’s really private.
Old 04-01-23, 06:33 AM  
Diana3271

Any thoughts on Paula Choice's new Pro-Collagen Multi-Peptide Booster? TIA

https://www.paulaschoice.com/pro-col...ster/3020.html

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 07:12 AM  
Carol K

I just don't have the attention span for all these boosters. That's why I was glad when they added niacinamide and hyaluronic acid to the Invisible Finish Moisture Gel.
Old 04-01-23, 10:54 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I'm looking for recommendations for a makeup remover. What do you use? Thanks!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 11:24 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for a makeup remover. What do you use? Thanks!
Good old fashioned Ponds Cold Cream. I keep trying new and trendy things for that, but I always return to Ponds. It's good for the oil cleansing method, too. I usually do double cleansing, though: a layer of Ponds which I leave on for a little bit, then massage in gently and then remove with a dry washcloth for an exfoliating effect. I then follow with my regular cleanser (in my case that's Olay Regenerist Cream Cleanser).

At night, I usually skip the second cleanser if I'm too tired. As long as I get my makeup off, sometimes that's enough.
Old 04-01-23, 05:13 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Any thoughts on Paula Choice's new Pro-Collagen Multi-Peptide Booster? TIA

https://www.paulaschoice.com/pro-col...ster/3020.html
I think Dr Dray mentioned it in a video. What she said was favorable enough that I wanted to try it. But I can’t find the video! However, it’s on the pricey side. I guess you can get the travel size and try it out.

Tags
2023, 2023 beauty, beauty, beauty products, beauty thread, beauty thread 2023, beauty tips, hair products, off topic, off-topic