Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-05-23, 12:38 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Me too!

I also like how some of you break your workouts down into genres (strength, cardio, yoga, etc.)..however some of my workouts include a variety, so that may not work for me. :/

I keep track of minutes I spend each workout day, but maybe I should count the number of workouts I actually do too....something to consider! But like a check-in buddy mentioned, I could go down a rabbit hole tracking all this stuff, LOL!
This is so true! I thought I tracked a lot but I have no idea how many times I've used what instructor or even who I used the most! I could go count them all but for me that piece of information isn't interesting enough. I track my minutes of workouts; active minutes (from my pedometer) of dog walks; and miles walked, ran, hiked/snowshoed, biked and rowed. My spreadsheet also includes my progress toward my minutes goal for the year, my HRM weekly readings and in a separate tab I copy my Getting Buff challenge so I have the full list of workouts in easily searchable form (rather than having to go back through my notebook log for a piece of information). My hubby gives me a hard time about everything I track and how many places I do it in!

I have my Getting Buff challenge color coded by type of workout and my aim is to make each week as colorful as possible!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 08:31 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
This is so true! I thought I tracked a lot but I have no idea how many times I've used what instructor or even who I used the most! I could go count them all but for me that piece of information isn't interesting enough. I track my minutes of workouts; active minutes (from my pedometer) of dog walks; and miles walked, ran, hiked/snowshoed, biked and rowed. My spreadsheet also includes my progress toward my minutes goal for the year, my HRM weekly readings and in a separate tab I copy my Getting Buff challenge so I have the full list of workouts in easily searchable form (rather than having to go back through my notebook log for a piece of information). My hubby gives me a hard time about everything I track and how many places I do it in!

I have my Getting Buff challenge color coded by type of workout and my aim is to make each week as colorful as possible!
Ha! Sounds like you fell down the rabbit hole and can’t get up! Seriously, though, by looking at my list, at least I knew Mobility/Stretching was my main focus of the year doing so many Mady Morrison stretches, so good to know I, at least have my priorities where they should be at this age. I may start tracking the number of my workouts completed (do I add in yard work/shovel max? I consider those ‘workouts’ cause I’m being physical). Decisions, decisions! But whatever I decide, I best start this WEEK instead of waiting till Dec. 31 to tally!!

Happy Tracking, everyone! Hope to read your lists again in 2024!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 08:40 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Ha! Sounds like you fell down the rabbit hole and can’t get up! Seriously, though, by looking at my list, at least I knew Mobility/Stretching was my main focus of the year doing so many Mady Morrison stretches, so good to know I, at least have my priorities where they should be at this age. I may start tracking the number of my workouts completed (do I add in yard work/shovel max? I consider those ‘workouts’ cause I’m being physical). Decisions, decisions! But whatever I decide, I best start this WEEK instead of waiting till Dec. 31 to tally!!

Happy Tracking, everyone! Hope to read your lists again in 2024!
I have a functional fitness category where I put shoveling, pulling weeds, hauling tubs for un/decorating, that kind of stuff. I count them in my exercise minutes but I don't count them in number of workouts done.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 09:09 AM  
fatkat555

I’m in another camp where I don’t include my daily activities (dog walks and yard work) as workouts that I track. Only when I workout to dvd is when I add it to my tracking calendar. I might change that if feel that my regular activity is less. If I do yard work, I’ll skip a formal workout for sure, and I do see it as physical activity but it’s not included on my calendar.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 10:59 AM  
Izzy

I am not a super tracker of workouts or minutes like many. I just post my workouts and that's about it. But I will write down when I do yard work, raking, shoveling, dog walks etc. It's more to spark my memory; "wait you didn't do anything yesterday, no wait, you did 5 hours of yard work." That kind of thing.
Old 01-06-23, 02:04 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, ladies, for sharing what works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I am not a super tracker of workouts or minutes like many. I just post my workouts and that's about it. But I will write down when I do yard work, raking, shoveling, dog walks etc. It's more to spark my memory; "wait you didn't do anything yesterday, no wait, you did 5 hours of yard work." That kind of thing.
If I did a continual five hours of yard work, most likely my BODY would let me know before my memory had to remind me, LOL! Jeesh! A lot of times, though, my yard work is way more taxing than any DVD or YT workout I could do...but most likely, it is an addition to a workout I did earlier. I'm going to keep counting the yard work, shoveling, etc. as a separate category, workout or no workout, since I don't have a functional fitness category!
Old 01-06-23, 09:21 PM  
CharM

How the heck am I supposed to know who was most used?! I didn't know there'd be a quiz. If I had to guess, it would be Jessica Smith and KCM because that's all I seem to want to do. I'll have to check and report back.

I can answer most used so far in 2023
4 JS
2 KCM

Thanks to this thread, I've decided to keep track by numbering them on my calendar. So today was JS4 - Strictly Strength
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 09:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
Thanks to this thread, I've decided to keep track by numbering them on my calendar. So today was JS4 - Strictly Strength
First of all, you NEVER fail to make me snort

Second ..that's an excellent way to keep count for each month and I am going to do the same!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 11:54 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
How the heck am I supposed to know who was most used?! I didn't know there'd be a quiz. If I had to guess, it would be Jessica Smith and KCM because that's all I seem to want to do. I'll have to check and report back.

I can answer most used so far in 2023
4 JS
2 KCM

LOL!! You crack me up, Char! I blame laurajhawk, as she is the one who originally started this thread a few years back! I love the idea to keep track of this stuff but I'm a nut case like that! I love to read everyone's stats and see if I need to check out other instructors!!

And ya know what I'm going to say here, don't you? If you were still a member of the JTW crew, you WOULD know all this stuff with just a quick glance at your months and pass the quiz! (I would love to see you back, GF!) You too, Linda!!
Old 01-07-23, 02:42 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Second ..that's an excellent way to keep count for each month and I am going to do the same!
LOL and glad to be of some help

Quote:
LOL!! You crack me up, Char! I blame laurajhawk, as she is the one who originally started this thread a few years back! I love the idea to keep track of this stuff but I'm a nut case like that! I love to read everyone's stats and see if I need to check out other instructors!!

And ya know what I'm going to say here, don't you? If you were still a member of the JTW crew, you WOULD know all this stuff with just a quick glance at your months and pass the quiz! (I would love to see you back, GF!) You too, Linda!!
Uh oh, I may have to create a "JTW Dropout" signature And although I do write down my workouts on my calendar, I never actually count them. I'm always impressed when I see people posting the number of workouts done each year, even down to the number of minutes!

After looking at my calendar, (still too lazy to count), I saw that Jessica was there several times each month, followed by Leslie, who I totally forgot about. I did a lot of barre workouts last year, from different instructors and dvds. And finally, KCM came out to play 2-3 times week in November and December.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, hits and misses, instructors/series '23, instructors/series/2021, instructors/series/2022, most used workouts, perfect flow