Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-23, 06:03 PM  
sherry7899

Jenilu, yes I have noticed produce us spoiling a lot faster.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 06:14 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Jenilu, yes I have noticed produce us spoiling a lot faster.
Thankyou! So its not just me!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 06:31 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Thankyou! So its not just me!
No, and it is frustrating! I hate wasting money.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-23, 11:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=sbh;2986533]My neighbor has been using https://www.factor75.com/. He says the food is great and he and his wife have lost quite a bit weight.[/QUOTE

I jumped on a trial offer for Factor and got my first box yesterday. The food is really good. I tried 3 meals so far -dinner last night, and lunch and dinner today because I had to either select my meals for next week, skip a week or cancel by Wednesday. My husband had a meal last night and liked it although he said it wasn't spicy enough for him. Most food is not spicy enough for him but that is why someone invented hot sauce.
I went ahead and selected my meals for the next 3 weeks, to get it out of the way but I can always go back and skip a week if I want to.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 06:50 AM  
sbh

[QUOTE=lreidgreen;2989039]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
My neighbor has been using https://www.factor75.com/. He says the food is great and he and his wife have lost quite a bit weight.[/QUOTE

I jumped on a trial offer for Factor and got my first box yesterday. The food is really good. I tried 3 meals so far -dinner last night, and lunch and dinner today because I had to either select my meals for next week, skip a week or cancel by Wednesday. My husband had a meal last night and liked it although he said it wasn't spicy enough for him. Most food is not spicy enough for him but that is why someone invented hot sauce.
I went ahead and selected my meals for the next 3 weeks, to get it out of the way but I can always go back and skip a week if I want to.
Great, I'm glad you like the food.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 11:32 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I had a bit of a snafu with Factor. I mentioned upthread that I selected my meals several weeks in advance. They select meals for you based on your profile (high protein, Keto, calorie conscious, vegetarian etc) but you can change those selections. Well this week they are sending me what they selected for me, instead of what I chose. It is possible I didn't save the changes I made to the order but I don't think so.
They are giving me a credit on my Feb 13 order (why not this order???) so that is good.
My shipment for the week was supposed to arrive yesterday but there were delivery delays so they allegedly will be delivered today. They are crediting me $10 for this inconvenience. Too bad because I was really looking forward to trying new meals and at least 2 of the 6 they are sending me do not appeal at all.
Old 01-31-23, 11:39 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I read this article recently:
https://www.vox.com/even-better/2350...a-7dfb32e3a032
Old 01-31-23, 11:46 AM  
MARIKA

We do Green Chef. Ive been doing meal plans since 2015. Changed my life. I don't hate cooking I hate finding recipes and shopping. My husband s Vegan so we do that plan. Sunbasket is my favorite though.
Old 01-31-23, 02:42 PM  
JENILU

Granted, we have only tried 1 meal so far, but because of this thread (thankyou!!) and those that mentioned Green Chef (thankyou!!) We are gving it a little try. It saves a lot of stress and food going bad for me if this works (and healthy meals instead of paying just as much for grubhub to bring us pizza or whatever). We are on the first week and every single person LOVED the first meal, even tho it was keto.(Keto, because its the least likely to cause me blood sugar or allergy problems, altho i still somehow got a little high with that meal) The guys didn't have to snack after and thats rare (i did do the order for 4 people and there are 3 of us). 2 more meals to make of it this week. We will see how the price and people eating it stays worth it in the long run. I loved the ease of picking and ordering and the way everything arrived. I do have to question for people that have been using them. The way the foods are sealed, do you need to cook 3 straight days in a row or will the fresh foods hold out for, say, every other day, which had been my hope?
(PS: You can also pick the delivery day)

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 04:30 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I hate to cook (and shop for food) so I signed up for Tovala and love it! Most everything comes already prepared and all you have to do is pop it in their oven. There are a few meals that require minimal prep, but it's not a big deal at all. It's geared more for single people or possibly couples. You have to buy their oven, but they run promotional deals all the time and you can use the oven to cook anything, so you aren't limited to only making their meals.

I've also tried Blue Apron and like it. Most of their meals are easy to make. I alternate between Blue Apron and Tovala and rarely grocery shop anymore.

Tags
cooking, food delivery, green plate, hello fresh, meal delivery, meal planning, off topic, off-topic, vegetarian cookbooks