Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-22, 07:43 PM  
bubbles76

I'm thinking of starting GetHealthyU in the new year . It's super cheap right now. Just have to remember to unsubscribe when the year is up if the price increases dramatically.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-22, 09:55 PM  
ncl

I have used the following streamings service this past year:

Kari Anderson: Her hi-lo classes are one of my favorite things. I think her personality is great and I also do her Reach and Reach the Barre classes. It is 29/month.

Cathe Live: I bought the subscription for the year the last couple of years. I am considering letting this go which makes me a bit sad, so maybe I won't. I do think all the strength work gets a bit samey for me. I so wish she could do a bit more cardio that isn't HIIT. I miss her step workouts but know she has had an eye issues that has prevented her from doing step. Though truthfully, new step workouts is why i joined cathe live in the first place.

Inner Dimension: I used this on an off throughout the year. Travis Eliot is by far my favorite yoga instructor. I mostly do his Yin Yoga now. i did finish Yoga 30 for 30 and was crazy strong after that but it did tweak my shoulder and I have heard others say this with the power yoga style.

I am wanting a change but also wanting something quality. So this is a good thread for me and I am making a list.

I think I also tried some Leah Sarago training this year and though
I like her and the workouts are challenging for sure, I didn't find the workouts to be fun, so gave them up.

I have tried Lekfit in the past and didn't like it but am hard pressed to remember why.

Body by Simone and Dancebody have some sample workouts on popsugar website if anyone is interested in trying them.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 08:19 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
This is a great thread. Question about some of the apps listed...I want an app that has a workout scheduled for each day (like FWFG and Fitbod) which is why I ended up dropping Yoga with Kassandra. Which of the other apps have a workout calendar included? I think Leslie Sansone might?
Senior Shape Fitness posts a schedule each week: https://www.youtube.com/@SeniorShapeFitness/playlists

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 09:07 AM  
donnamp

sheepla - I thought Kassandra did post a monthly calendar in her paid site. I also like sites that post a monthly or weekly calendar.

Ellen posts a weekly calendar every Sunday.

Burpee Girl posts a weekly calendar.

I believe The Girl with the Pilates Mat and Margaret Elizabeth Pilates post either weekly or monthly calendars.

As Carol said, Senior Shape w/ Lauren posts a weekly schedule.

Improved Health has playlists to follow - but I don't think she does regular weekly or monthly calendars

Grow with Jo posts a weekly calendar.

Lively Ladies - she posts three new workouts a week - but no formal calendar.

For sites that have a lot of content, I prefer them to have a weekly or monthly playlist as I use it to narrow my choices, otherwise I'd spend my workout time browsing.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 09:10 AM  
donnamp

Bubbles - beware- w/ GetHealthyU - I believe you have to call to cancel. I don't know if they changed that - but that has kept me from re-subscribing. That said, when I did call to cancel there were no issues or anything, but it is a step I would prefer not to have to take. I'd much rather cancel via the site or paypal.

The price does go up - but they will have other discounts - so you can let it lapse and then re-subscribe at the discounted price.

I just wish they would change their cancellation method....I don't want to deal w/ making phone calls.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 10:13 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Bubbles - beware- w/ GetHealthyU - I believe you have to call to cancel. I don't know if they changed that - but that has kept me from re-subscribing. That said, when I did call to cancel there were no issues or anything, but it is a step I would prefer not to have to take. I'd much rather cancel via the site or paypal.

The price does go up - but they will have other discounts - so you can let it lapse and then re-subscribe at the discounted price.

I just wish they would change their cancellation method....I don't want to deal w/ making phone calls.

Donna
I am with you Donna. That has stopped me from resubscribing. If they change it, I probably would try it again.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-22, 01:56 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
for sites that have a lot of content, i prefer them to have a weekly or monthly playlist as i use it to narrow my choices, otherwise i'd spend my workout time browsing.

this!
Old 12-21-22, 02:54 PM  
Exercise Diva

Essentrics - Keeping this one forever

Carve It Fitness - Great rebounding workouts with a lot of variety. She's coming out with an app soon which will make it even better.

P.Volve - I go back and forth on this one; I loved it when I first started using it, but they're offering only short workouts on their on-demand platform with a few longer ones here and there. Not sure if I'm going to keep it going forward.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 09:09 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

If I were to subscribe to all of these suggestions I think I would enjoy, I'd be paying $144 a month!

Cathe 19.97
Ellen Barrett 7.95
Essentrics 14.95
Fitbod 12.99
FWFG 12.99
Inner Dimension 17.00
Les Mills 14.99
Leslie 6.99
WOW 9.99
Yoga with Kassandra 13.99
YouTube Premium 11.99
Old 12-22-22, 03:34 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
Essentrics - Keeping this one forever
Carve It Fitness - Great rebounding workouts with a lot of variety. She's coming ou

P.Volve - I go back and forth on this one; I loved it when I first started using it, but they're offering only short workouts on their on-demand platform with a few longer ones here and there. Not sure if I'm going to keep it going forward.
I too loved P.Volve when he first began but not so much now.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, fitness apps, hits and misses, streaming services