Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-22, 07:13 PM  
Vantreesta

I use a similar over the door thing for my leggings.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 09:56 PM  
star117

Great idea on the door thing! I think I'll get one for my loops, bands, gloves and other accessories!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-22, 08:31 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
That would be nice bc my gym looks as scattered as my brain! I have to check and make sure I have space for it before I order.
Well I missed out on the deal. The lower price is only for Prime members now. I guess I really didn't need to spend the money anyway.

It is extremely irritating when they reel you in by advertising the Prime exclusive as the price and when you click on it you find out you actually would have to pay an extra $30-40. I'm logged in as me, a non-Prime member. Show me my price first and then what it could be if I had Prime! All their tactic does is make me crabby, give up and be even more determined not to buy in to their Prime model! Fine, give me the deal price when I click on the item but don't try to tell me the price I would pay as a regular customer is lower than it is.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 05:06 PM  
AnMrsDe

Any more hits & misses?

HITS FOR '22

KCM

1) Cardio Fit - one of KCM's VERY best!
2) Power Splits - ditto! Both of these are great for add-ons and finishers!

YT TIFF X DAN

THE best YT channel I found this year--their Shred & Shred II Programs were fantastic and I had incredible results!

MISC. GEMS

1) $4 Kneeling Yoga Mat - just a small 23.5"x10" mat intended for kneeling or meditation. I use it practically every day for my arthritic wrists to provide that little cushion. Also a great cushion for a lap pad while doing weighted bridge and to sit on for core/BW work now that I have less padding! (Notice I use it for a lot of things but not what it's really intended for, LOL!) I went back to TJ Maxx and bought 2 more!
2) Cathe's gray Heavy Firewalker Band - great tension for my LB workouts!
3) Cathe's round yoga mat --- almost forgot this major gem! Oops, that was in ‘21!
4) BOSE Quiet Comfort 45 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones (to use with streaming and with DVD's)...totally makes so much difference in the clarity!!

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

1) Lost 25# this year doing T&D (above) programs, walking, yoga, and diet tweaks... [at 62, I was ecstatic thinking it was a long lost battle! However, I'm currently on a plateau due to all the Christmas goodies!] Truth be told, though, I don't really want the scale to go too much lower, as my DH says, there will not be anything left of me! I prefer a little more curviness myself.
2) After a terrible 12+ month bout of Plantar Fasciitis in '21, I was once again able to get my outdoor speed walks in at least a good part of the year. (This alone always melts the inches right off, but unfortunately, also my booty! But whatever!)
3) Got considerably stronger doing T&D's strength workouts mostly but also their body weight & core workouts. These seem to just be a perfect fit for me.
4) Completing a variation of Cathe's Perfect 30 (Mobility Basics) workout 1x per week for 2 years since it was released! This (& Mady Morrison's) mobility stretches have really helped to keep my flexibility & mobility in check. I'm hoping I will fall in love with at least one of Cathe's new Mobility offerings cause I'm getting a little burnt out on her P30 Mobility workout! (I only have 1 more time this year--yay!!)
5) Keeping up my meditation/daily devotions every morning since Sept. '20. My spirituality and meditative mind have very much benefitted (since 2 years ago when I could hardly focus for 10 min.) which I have found incredibly rewarding.
6) Feeling so much better physically & mentally by the end of '22 as opposed to the end of '21...(of course, a strong factor was due to my dad's passing in Dec. '21).

MISSES

Not really much to mention here...I had a very profitable year for the most part!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 05:35 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
HITS FOR '22

KCM

1) Cardio Fit - one of KCM's VERY best!
This! I just got this a month or so ago and have already done it several times.

Also ,Cathe's Perfect 30 Pump.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 05:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
1) Lost 25# this year doing T&D (above) programs, walking, yoga, and diet tweaks...
congrats! sorry if I missed it, but what/who is "T&D"?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 06:23 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
YouTubers Tiff x Dan
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 09:36 PM  
mimikz

Hit: Michelle Briehler on YT. I did a no repeat strength workout that was great. Good sound, good crew

M

Last edited by mimikz; 01-04-23 at 06:28 AM. Reason: spelling :)
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 12:51 PM  
Hsim

Hits:
Piyo - I bought this in 2021 but I'm taking my time working through this.
Kickbox Burn - Patrick presents with Heather Condorf
TLT strength in Movement with Jenn Carman - lots of compound moves and lots of changes but I think I will get better with practice
Ultimate Body Sculpt volume 2 Lauren Brooks

Misses: TLT finding your core with Susan Harris - just too many changes too quickly. Makes me remember why I am not a fan of the Firm.

With all your recommendations for KCM Cardio Fit, I just may have to cave and buy this. Generally speaking I am just looking to acquire a few more DVDs to round out my collection and that's it. I think next year I will try a subscription to Cathe.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 03:32 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Thank you so much! You Tube's Tiff & Dan's Shred and Shred II Program, specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...FypSf7ae8Ph4_6

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...l4CCP_SK26Ecjl

They definitely shredded me!

Hsim, Cardio Fit is really good! I love the "All Cardio" premix + the Raw Bonus for a great hour workout! (It is my own premix, btw).

mimikz, Michelle Briehler is awesome!! I've been working out with her for a year or so now...great instructor!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, equipment, hits and misses, storage, worst of