Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-22, 09:52 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
One other thing I like about Essentrics TV is how easy it is to manage your subscription. If you are a monthly subscriber you can easily pause your subscription. It is very easy to use.
Donna
That's a great feature. I didn't even know that it was possible. I wish that they'd all offer that, especially for times of travel, etc.
Old 11-26-22, 12:00 PM  
red1013

HITS:

ESSENTRICS The Ultimate Stretch Workouts-The second DVD has 4-15 minute workouts that focus on different areas, and that's about enough Miranda for me at a time.

PREVENTION-Kickstart Your Metabolism and Fight Cellulite Fast. I love all the Chris Freytag workouts and these both are great too.

Cathe: Mini Step Mat (works great for the TransFirmer too!), Boss bands for tall people (though I'm peeved that they weren't offered with the set), High Step Training Advanced, Flex Train

MISSES:

FIRM-Zip Trainer, very meh

THRIFTBOOKS-three different times this year I ordered a DVD and either never received it after it said it had been delivered or got the wrong DVD in the correct case. I'm glad Mary is now selling used stuff too.
Old 11-26-22, 04:24 PM  
Tea Tyme

Hits: Lift with Cee - 20 minute total body. This has been a game changer for me. It has a no dread factor. Just enough to make me feel as if I’ve worked out without any dread factor. I can always find 20 minutes.
Tea Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 04:52 PM  
Elsie

Been on a 'break' since July, so my list isn't so different from last year.

HITS
- Lift w Cee 40-4-40 & PPL
- Lively Ladies
- Yoga w Zelinda
- Upper Body routines from Cathe STS Phase 3
My own standing free-flow somatic releasing

MISSES
YouTube. While I have my quality reliables, over the last 3
Years, even, the platform just promotes a few which seem pretty much all the same. It's tiring to get suggestions of the same creators over and over, which a working algorithm would know, I've shown zero interest in.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 06:06 PM  
Gams

Lori - I used to love Thriftbooks - then I ordered The Parent Trap from them and got some strange movie instead. I called them and they said they no longer had The Parent Trap in stock, so I asked for a refund and she said they don’t give refunds. I asked what my options were and she said there was nothing she could do. I said it was their responsibility to make it right because it was their error. She said, “Fine! I’ll issue a refund this one time, but next time you change your mind, I will not give you a refund.” I said, “I didn’t change my mind - you sent
me the wrong thing!”
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 07:54 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Lori - I used to love Thriftbooks - then I ordered The Parent Trap from them and got some strange movie instead. I called them and they said they no longer had The Parent Trap in stock, so I asked for a refund and she said they don’t give refunds. I asked what my options were and she said there was nothing she could do. I said it was their responsibility to make it right because it was their error. She said, “Fine! I’ll issue a refund this one time, but next time you change your mind, I will not give you a refund.” I said, “I didn’t change my mind - you sent
me the wrong thing!”
That is awful. I have had them send me the wrong thing a couple times. I just got The Kettlebell Way Empire State for $14 and I was holding my breath that it would actually show up. It did. I ordered the old 2 disc set of the original Bar Method (Designer Sculpt and the other one) and received the Romana Pilates 4 disc set instead. I didn’t complain that time because I wanted the Romana set too and the price was a good deal for either set. A few months later the Bar Method set was back in stock (probably because they did an inventory and found it was still there) and I tried again and received it this time.

But I have emailed on two other times when they sent me the wrong thing, one was a dvd set of one of the Great Courses and then sent me a transcript book instead. I’m not sure how you confuse a good with a dvd case but they did. Another time I ordered one of Mirabai Holland’s three disc sets and they sent me her Skeletal Fitness instead. At least that time it was the same person. Lol. They asked me to send a picture of what I received and then promptly issued a refund (and took away the points I earned on the sale too which I thought was kind of lame since it was their fault). I didn’t try and call them in-person though. Customer service is sadly a thing of the past. Thriftbooks can definitely be a bit unreliable which is extremely irritating if you find a rare gem and they send you something else and then it’s out of stock, of course, because their computer shows you bought it. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth for sure.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 08:19 PM  
DD546

I have always had very good experiences with Thrift Books. When I've gotten a wrong or damaged item, or not received my items, they've always issued me a refund or resent the correct or undelivered items. My experiences with their customer service have been second to none. I'm sorry to hear others have not received the same level of service.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 10:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post

MISSES:
THRIFTBOOKS
I ordered a hard to find older book for a Summer school course that I took this year. It was described as being in "good" condition and I paid about $25 for this hardback copy. It ended up being in very poor condition, smelly, moldy, old and nasty. I would have been embarrassed to take it to class! So, I ended up purchasing a completely different book from another retailer, instead. I should have tried to follow up with CS, but didn't want the hassle to return it. Should have taken a photo (as evidence) and sent that to them but not sure that would have proven my case.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-22, 11:12 PM  
DD546

Pam, I've always just emailed them. I've had the condition not as described issue. They've always either refunded my money or sent me another; no questions asked. I've never had to return anything. They've always said to donate it.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 05:05 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD546 View Post
I have always had very good experiences with Thrift Books. When I've gotten a wrong or damaged item, or not received my items, they've always issued me a refund or resent the correct or undelivered items. My experiences with their customer service have been second to none. I'm sorry to hear others have not received the same level of service.
i also had a good experience with a "not as described" item. the book was supposed to include a CD and it was missing. they refunded my money and i didn't have to return the item. i was able to get the CD from another source on the web.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, equipment, hits and misses, storage, worst of