Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-21, 08:26 PM  
rhbrand

Question about Purple Player

So once I FINALLY manage to download my Lift and Shift workouts, I'll never have to worry about my slow internet again, right?

Please say yes! Been working on downloading since 3pm and I'm only on file 5 of 17
Old 03-15-21, 08:37 PM  
sillygirl

That’s my understanding how downloads work on an app. However, your workouts may only be available “offline” on the device you download them to. For example, the workouts I downloaded from my Burke Burke App onto my iPad is only available on that iPad - not on my iPhone or the other iPad in the house.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 08:40 PM  
rhbrand

Thank you!

And I'm fine with them being only on this laptop. Its an older one and I keep it in my gym to stream onto my tv. But today, MAN the internet reminds me of dial up.
Old 03-16-21, 02:10 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

If they are downloads, the files exist only where you download them to, so you're not pulling from say, a remote server via an internet connection. Playing them should be easy as long as your device doesn't lack memory, processor speed, etc.

One caveat--I had some Lindsay Brin workouts I downloaded to her app years ago. The app was updated and when I downloaded the updated, those videos wouldn't play. Not saying that always happens, and I haven't investigated further, but it is something to keep in mind.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 02:26 PM  
s2546

I hate purple player. Lol 😆 I miss the days of dvds

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 02:55 PM  
rhbrand

I would MUCH rather get dvds. I spent over 7 almost 8 hour trying to get these to download, which meant we couldn't stream anything cause it slowed the already way to slow internet down to nothing.

Even just basic surfing the net was slowed up.

Don't have that problem with dvds.
Old 03-16-21, 04:25 PM  
horsemom2

I download to a laptop from the purple player website https://go.platformpurple.com/
using the Firefox browser and the extension Ant Video Downloader
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...loader-player/

you can also try https://www.jessicasmith.fitness/library
maybe it will be faster
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 04:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I haven't been successful with Purple Player so far. Back and forth with tech support today and still can't view Jessica's program from the Purple Player App on my tablet. I can see (when logging in from my desk computer) that Jessica's programs are there. But, when I go to launch from my Android tablet (older Samsung) I'm just getting a white screen. I can see that the app is installed on my tablet. I've even uninstalled and re-installed...and nothing. Tech support asked me to send him a picture of my blank white screen, ha! lol. I'm like...huh?!

The only way I've been able to do Jessica's Lift and Shift program is from going to her lift and shift site (in the library) and playing the workouts...which are dog slow once I connect to my TV with an HDMI cable. So the programs will stop, and freeze up for a bit. It's aggravating that I can't get Purple Player to work. I'm wondering if my tablet is too old? And, I made space by uninstalling other apps I had on my tablet...mostly games. I just don't know?

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 04:56 PM  
katalina

While I have plenty of DVDs, I am sad that this appears to be the direction many instructors are going.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 05:03 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
While I have plenty of DVDs, I am sad that this appears to be the direction many instructors are going.
I'm the same. Yes, a lot of people have high speed internet. They say the slowest internet speed for good streaming is 15-20Mbps esp for high def. video and the absolute bare min you need to stream is 3Mbps. The best I can get the absolute best I have EVER gotten while doing a test speed is 3.8Mbps. Its usually more at that 3 mark. So I might be able to stream one thing at a time. I tell DH to turn his phone to data if I'm planning on streaming a Peloton workout etc. And remind him no Netflix while I'm working out too.

And I've got fairly fast internet for country living in my area.

So streaming isn't what I like to do for workouts if I can help it.

Tags
digital storage, dropbox, purple player, samsung, tablet, youtube downloads