Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-21, 05:01 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Best by far--our accidental Fierce Watulan check in group! These ladies have inspired and motivated me, and we welcome all to the group which now lives in the Checkin and Challenges forum!

Another Best is Cathe Live. I started subscribing just recently and am really enjoying the variety!

And another best is rediscovering Patrick Goudeau dance workouts. They have always been too tricky for me, but I convinced myself that I can learn them and have done so (for the most part ) and I'm really enjoying them!

Worst, well, a favorite instructor of mine is no longer a favorite due to crossing a line between personal and professional. I haven't done her workouts for a large part of the year, and don't know if I will ever do them again.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 05:01 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
Donna,I am going to try to do both challenges,plus it looks likes essentrics may be having one also!
I'm considering it as well, Mandie! Lucy is really a ray of sunshine and Moving Mango is relaxing.....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 11:13 PM  
Leonana

Worst

No new workouts from Jessica Smith for most of the year.

I gained the ten pounds back this summer that I lost last year.

My workouts became more sporadic during the summer.

Best

Jessica finally released new workouts, although she barely made it before the end of the year lol.

I’ve found a few instructors I like, such as Justina Ercole, KCM and Leslie.

I lost five of those pounds this fall and winter.

I’m working out regularly and increasing my strength in workouts, using heavier dumbbells.
Old 01-02-21, 01:10 AM  
fanofladyvols

Best
FOUR check-ins..full of fabulous people! I needed all of them at different times this year! Thanks for your support in helping me finish strong and enabling me shamelessly!

Finally using Classical stretch regularly. I have gone from being annoyed by Miranda to really enjoying her and her workouts. She's like my quirky aunt now.

Trying new trainers..I plan to continue to do that! Hellooo Tom Holland, BJ Gaddour, Amy Dixon and David Jack

Tackling Cathe! Woot!! She scared me before I joined the Watulan check-in. Actually that check-in helped me try all sorts of trainers..but mostly Cathe. I have tackled all manner of her workouts and made them work for me. Never would have dreamed that possible.

Bodyweight workouts/sets! I never knew how fun those moves could be. I love finding new ones I can do.

My Garmin I found on eBay. LURV it!

The used weight bench I picked up in January. Couldn't have waited any longer to try to get one and I use it so much!

Paying myself for my workout days..GENIUS! I may even give myself bonuses for doing certain workouts. Thanks Alta!

Picking a word for the year! It works to help me focus in all sorts of ways. Thanks Dancing queen!!

Worst
A pair of sneakers I bought off eBay. initially I thought these shoes would be great. The more I wore them, the looser they became. Now I just look at them and wish they would disappear. I'm so frustrated with how to use them.

Youtube Ads ruining my YT workout vibe.. oh yeah I'm salty about it!

Great Thread!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 10:34 AM  
laurajhawk

Best:
  • Livestream and recorded yoga with my regular studio teacher. (Lots of my favorite DVD instructors (mostly yoga) have had livestream classes, but I haven't been doing them. It seemed important to strengthen my "community" feeling by taking the livestream classes with my regular teacher and local yoga friends.)
  • Beachbody On Demand continues to be a winner for me - I keep coming back to LIIFT4 and recently have been enjoying The Prep.
  • Rediscovering some oldies-but-goodies, especially Gilad Total Body Sculpt and Namaste Yoga -- they work great together!
  • Fitbit's hourly movement reminders + rebounding "sparks" on my JumpSport. Lifesaver while working from home!
Worst:
  • Local yoga studios going under
  • I have to list Cathe's Perfect 30 here even though I actually like them -- as with all my Cathes, I just don't find myself using them!
  • Hanuman Online yoga festival. I had a pass for the live festival, and got free admission to the online along with a 2021 pass when the live 2020 one was cancelled. They tried, they did, but it wasn't really worth spending a June weekend inside for the content they offered. And that deterred me from trying any other online yoga events this year, other than my teacher's local classes and workshops (which are on my Best list).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 01:26 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Best

Paying myself for my workout days..GENIUS! I may even give myself bonuses for doing certain workouts. Thanks Alta!

Great Thread!!
I need to hear more about this paying yourself. I am seriously lacking in motivation and have been totally derailed this past year (2020) with working out and eating properly.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 06:52 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
I need to hear more about this paying yourself. I am seriously lacking in motivation and have been totally derailed this past year (2020) with working out and eating properly.
I'm doing okay with workouts, but my eating has been absolutely awful since Christmas Eve. I've gained a lot of weight/fat in a short period of time and can't get back to my normal habits. I'm getting really scared because I feel so out of control.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 07:07 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I'm doing okay with workouts, but my eating has been absolutely awful since Christmas Eve. I've gained a lot of weight/fat in a short period of time and can't get back to my normal habits. I'm getting really scared because I feel so out of control.

Erica
me too! Hope I can get going soon. Good luck to you too!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 07:24 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Best:
Cathe Perfect 30 - Perfect Pump and Low Impact specifically
Beachbody Muscle Burns Fat
Beachbody 30 Day Breakaway
iFit workouts for my treadmill
Lost 12 lbs. before the pandemic hit in March

Worst:
Beachbody Muscle Burns Fat Advanced (think I just burned out on the format)

Beachbody 9 Week Control Freak (ugh, don’t like the band track so much but I’m going to make myself do some of the workouts)

Found 10 lbs. of the weight I lost back during the pandemic (working from home and sitting ten feet from the kitchen doesn’t help!)
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 07:31 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star117 View Post
me too! Hope I can get going soon. Good luck to you too!
Same to you. It's so hard to get back on track and so easy to say tomorrow will be the day or even "what's one more pound?" I find it much easier to maintain than to lose. I'm afraid I'm going to get too far from goal that it will become overwhelming. And even more that my clothes won't fit - I know the jeans I wore at Christmas already won't fit since they fit perfectly then.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, ganglion cyst, hits and misses, worst of