Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-20, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

What a year - I have said throughout the whole year that I couldn't have made it up if I tried....
Oh boy isn't that the truth.

I forgot another best - Alice Bracegirdle's Shakti Warrior on Daily OM. I sort of put it by the wayside and really need to play with it more. I love that the classes are 20 minutes!!

Ebianco - I'm so happy for you that you knee has mended well!
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-20, 09:21 AM  
Izzy

Best-Much like Joni O I worked out everyday this year and walked everyday except yesterday. I had planned to go after work but our blizzard came a few hours early so it was shoveling instead. My tracking shows 410 walks during the year. I added more yoga, Essentrics and started meditations on my walks. To add to this, I have gotten a few co-workers to start walking programs as well and one who said "I will never walk when it's colder than 60". That became 50, 40...last week we walked when it was 18 out. I feel good that I have inspired her to stick with it. I road my bike a lot and went snow shoeing too. I also investigated some state parks and forest preserves for more hiking type terrains. It's flat as a pancake Illinois so there are not too many true "hiking" trails but I keep searching.

Worst-I don't have any. I do what I like and enjoy.
Old 12-30-20, 10:08 AM  
Messe

Best: Picking up my kettlebells after a long hiatus

Worst: Eating more because I’m bored while being stuck at home alone for 9 months and counting

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-20, 12:09 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Only Bests

I have really enjoyed
Essentrics TV : Having such fun with these
Miranda : Love her hints. Love her smiles
Cathe : Just like her energy and streaming
Tint Yoga : I have become a fan of inside flow yoga and love many of the programs
Rebounding : I got a new rebounder and I think it will be a nice for aerobics
Walking daily : The outdoors is really my friend
Anatomy Trains/Karin Gurtner
Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen

I actually cannot think of anything I was unhappy with
Old 01-01-21, 07:01 AM  
mandie123

Best-Found 'Moving mango pilates,been doing daily since the beginning of the year.Something about her practice is very rwelaxing to me.Also Lucy wynham read on you tube,her workouts are short and effective.Signed up for Essentrics,and I LOVE the live classes,so much so I signed up for a year!I hope they keep doing them! Walking outside,since moving to Florida,I am more motivated to get outside and walk daily!
Worst-None
Old 01-01-21, 07:43 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Best

Pilates by Lisa - I have tried others, but always come back to Lisa. Love the workouts with the outdoor settings and her delivery is so professional and relaxing.

Walking - as others have mentioned, teaching virtually/lockdown gave me the opportunity to discover what an amazing impact outdoor walking can have on my mood.

Pahla B - Her information is so useful to us gals of a certain age.

YouTube Ballet Workouts - Sleek Technique, Lazy Dancer Tips, Kathryn Morgan all put out tons of really super free content on YouTube.

Essentrics streaming - I splurged on the yearly subscription and am so glad I did. I always feel amazing afterward.

Jessica Smith - love her full body and walking workouts

Peloton App - I don't have the bike, but the app is worth it for the mediation and yoga. DD uses the strength, outdoor running workouts, and the spinning workouts on my old Johnny G spin bike when she's home visiting. They've just added 10 barre and several Pilates workouts with Kristin McGee, who is wonderful. I use her yoga and meditation workouts the most.

Barre3 - Loved it, then was disappointed with it, then got off my high horse and realized it's a solid, non-impact workout that has a great cardio effect.

Misses

Extend Barre - too fast and Andrea's voice is too "shouty".

Pilatesology - it gets a lot of raves here, but I like a polished presentation (hence my love of PBL). Too much stopping to correct students resulting in uneven reps.

OpenFit - tried the free trial and just didn't click with any of the workouts.

So-So

Barre Blend - Elise is sincere and I think you could definitely get results if you are consistent with the workouts, but for me it was a recipe for major overtraining and burnout.

Megan Roup - Sculpt Society - Megan is darling and the workouts are well-designed and challenging, but dance cardio kills my knees. I did like several of the full body workouts, but not enough to pay for a subscription.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 09:50 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
Best-Found 'Moving mango pilates,been doing daily since the beginning of the year.Something about her practice is very rwelaxing to me.Also Lucy wynham read on you tube,her workouts are short and effective.Signed up for Essentrics,and I LOVE the live classes,so much so I signed up for a year!I hope they keep doing them! Walking outside,since moving to Florida,I am more motivated to get outside and walk daily!
Worst-None
Mandie - I have enjoyed Moving Mango, too and LWR! Both of them have January challenges - all free on You Tube!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 03:34 PM  
mandie123

Donna,I am going to try to do both challenges,plus it looks likes essentrics may be having one also!
Old 01-01-21, 03:49 PM  
danac99

Bests:
Walking in the park - I've been pretty consistent and love listening to podcasts and audiobooks.
Wireless headphones
Using my DVDs more consistently
Fitbit challenges

Worsts
Gained 10 pounds since March. I'm slowly losing it, though.
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 04:09 PM  
jusca

Best:
Tried new workouts I purchased in the past and haven't done before. Got excellent results with Weider ST XFactor. It's fun and easy on my knees.

Neutral: 1. Learned to make ice cream, lol. I always wanted to learn but I packed on the pounds very quickly while perfecting my base recipe. Thankfulky it was only 5 pounds over several months.

2. Tried streaming workouts this past week. I'm actually ok with it as long as the workout has onscreen timer graphics and no ad interruptions. I kept pausing to see how much time I had left during the workout. Didn't care enough for the Openfit or BB sample workouts.

Worse: Pulled my achilles and calf muscle coming up from a bowling lunge during CLX and was down for a little more than a month before I could do any workout. I was convinced my injury would be over after 3 days and when I realized that was an unrealistic dream, I felt majorly defeated. I thought I'd never heal to do weight training again. Luckily patience and a whole lot of willpower kept me from doing any workout no matter how light it was and just waiting for my body to heal with moist heat and gentle stretches/massages. It did and I gradually built myself back to where I left off. I was so happy to workout again.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, ganglion cyst, hits and misses, worst of