Old 06-23-20, 10:57 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
My favorite calming DVDs are:

My favorite restorative (props, long holds) yoga DVDs are:

Skylar Meyers Restorative Bliss Yoga
Deborah Donahue Restorative Yoga Practice
Patricia Walden PM Yoga (on the same disc with Rodney Yee's AM Yoga)
Another vote for the Deborah Donahue practice, though I like everything on this list in general.
Old 06-23-20, 03:54 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Two huge thumbs up for Yoga Zone, especially Conditioning and Stress Release. Simply wonderful. Alan Finger's cueing is so good that I would often do the routine without looking at the TV screen. I'm very glad it's on YouTube; thanks so much for providing a link!

Also I love David Swenson's Just Relax routine. It isn't yoga, really--certainly not the Ashtanga yoga that David teaches. Just Relax is gentle stretches, with a wonderful long guided relaxation at the end. It's filmed outside in Hawaii. One of my favorites.

And J. Brown's Yoga DVD is great. 5 practices from 7 to 75 minutes in length. I generally do the 30 or 60 minute routine, and you can choose to have additional teaching commentary or just cueing. His tagline is 'gentle is the new advanced'. I really like him, and I always feel great after doing this video. The deep relaxation music is acoustic guitar and I like listening to it very much.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 05:28 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Another plug for Yoga Zone. I have most of the DVDs, they appeared they were going out of print several years ago and reacquired a lot of the ones I parted with. There are only a couple that I don't have.

I recently picked up Introduction to Yoga, I really like this one. I am horribly stiff and have some back and hip pain so I feel like a beginner of sorts again. It was a really nice program and Alan's voice is super relaxing.

I will never get rid of my Yoga Zones.

I also like 5 Day Fit Yoga, there are some practices on there from Rod Stryker and Suzanne Deason, they are nice too. They have the nice ocean scenery and I find both of their voices relaxing as well.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-20, 08:54 AM  
KerryF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Barbara Benagh's Yoga for Stress Relief

The VF Reviews:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=3214

Yes! Totally relaxing and unintimidating.

Does anyone else love the way she says "cushions" at the beginning of the Hip Pain section?
KerryF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 day fit yoga, alan finger, favorite yoga, gentle yoga, rainbeau mars, restorative yoga, rod stryker, stretching, yoga, yoga zone