Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-12-19, 10:13 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Oh, we also bring a stretch mat. I try to stretch every day on vacation if possible.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 10:25 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

My vacations are usually pretty active with walking/hiking and biking, sometimes kayaking. I always bring along a yoga book though. Yoga every night and some mornings. Sometimes I'll bring along a kettlebell.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 01:21 PM  
LAC

Normally no. But this year I was in the middle of physical therapy so I brought along a band and a door attachment and a printout of exercises provided by the PT.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 04:38 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I always take bands with me and also am pretty good about using the treadmill in hotels as we’re driving to a vacation destination. When driving for a longer vacation, I bring a couple pairs of dumbbells and try to use them every other day. I just bought a portable DVD player and will take a few DVDs with me from now on, too. Hubby and I make sure to get a good walk in every day while on vacation, too.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 05:22 PM  
AnMrsDe

On a past vacation, I have taken my CLX workouts with me with the bands and faithfully did them so I didn’t skip a beat of the rotation. I think it depends on if the vacation is a site-seeing trip or more of an R & R trip....although we like to be somewhat active on the relaxation trips also!

On my last vacation, I just had my iPad and did YouTube workouts that used no equipment. The hotel did have a decent (small) workout room that had nice treadmills, but every time I went, it was jammed packed with people, so back up to my room I’d go, um, no thanks. I could never be a gym rat!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 12:14 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Resistance bands are permanently packed in my suitcase and backpack. I have Jessica Smith workouts (Purple Player) on my phone.
Old 09-22-19, 02:41 PM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

I Take Workouts Everywhere!

Fun thread! I always have a variety of Pilates, body weight, or yoga workouts on my iPad. I’ve done them on our cruises, in hotels, Barlates at my mother in laws house in California, and did Todd Pilates with my whole family last Thanksgiving at my sisters house in Houston!
DebnPhx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel workouts, vacation