Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-11-19, 12:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I always do a lot of walking on vacation, that’s my cardio. I take a yoga mat, resistance band, & resistance loops. I use downloads and streaming.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 01:20 PM  
Hedgehog

I faced this dilemma this year. We bought a wooden boat that needed a TON of work. We left every Fri afternoon, drove 3 hours and stayed there till Sun night, Mon if we could manage (once school let out) and sometimes...when DH's Peterbilt needed an engine rebuild, till Wed. We started April 7 and once we pull it out of the water around the end of Oct we will stop.

I didn't have room for much on the boat and, didn't want to haul lots up and back. I used it as my motivation to start workouts I was avoiding like Tonique. I added things I wouldn't normally fit in my planned rotation such as Buti or Yoga (I need to do more flexibility but....never do!!). I brought a single pair of 3# weights and a set of ankle weights.

I made a point of always doing my heavy weights at home. I often didn't know far ahead what day we would be home so, any time I was, I made SURE to get my weights in. That way, I could do Tonique on a boat/leg day. I took a few cardio only w/o's from Cathe, EBE2, dreambody etc and just rearranged my week by doing them whatever days we ended up on the boat. Since I do M/W/F legs, and do 1 endurance, 1 heavy and 1 in between, I just chose the leg w/o based on where I was that day. If something got out of whack, I had plenty of cardio options so at least I could do SOMETHING.

I brought bands, firewalker loop and stuff in the beginning but, never actually used them.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 01:34 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Vacation?? Vacation.. I heard if such a thing but I thought they went out of style. Lol

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 01:46 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

My lightest old yoga mat, tightly rolled, and a flexband. I don't bother packing workout clothes to use hotel gyms anymore. Walking, Youtube and a flexband are all I need.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 02:01 PM  
kristiep

Good thread!

I'll bring a couple of Jillian Body Revolution Cardio workouts, Ellen Barrett workouts that don't use weights, my Slim in 6 DVDs and pack my resistance band. Sometimes a couple of Yoga Burn DVDs for variety.

If I have access to heavier weights and the space is decent in the hotel gym, I might bring Jillian Ripped in 30, Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout, KCM Body Shop, or maybe a Katami 4x4 workout.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 02:09 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Depends on what kind of trip it is for me. If it's purely for pleasure and to see a new place, no -- I just walk and walk and walk some more. If it's a hockey trip I might take a band -- I usually do some combination of physical therapy stuff that's all about my core and glutes and then maybe throw in some non-weighted stuff, and then I try to walk as much as possible.

I've said this in other discussions on the topic, but I pretty much always lose weight on vacation! I think it's because I tend to graze out of boredom at home. I need to be on vacation all the time!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 02:28 PM  
noodles

I always pack a portable DVD player with a few workouts along with gliders, resistance bands and loops! I get up before anyone else and exercise otherwise I'm stressed and off my routine lol!
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 02:51 PM  
Demeris

While this wasn't a vacation, I lived out of a hotel in Flagstaff for six weeks this summer. I took a stretchy band, some tubing, a yoga strap, and two weighted pilates balls. The first day up there, I bought a cheap yoga mat at Walmart. I used every piece of equipment I hauled up there.

My last real vacation was last fall. I spent 10 days in Italy. I walked 5-8 miles a day, and I had some T-Tapp on a flash drive to help me work out kinks in my back--the only exercise equipment for that trip was a pair of cross trainers.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 03:03 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
While this wasn't a vacation, I lived out of a hotel in Flagstaff for six weeks this summer. I took a stretchy band, some tubing, a yoga strap, and two weighted pilates balls. The first day up there, I bought a cheap yoga mat at Walmart. I used every piece of equipment I hauled up there.
I finished my last 2 years of undergrad at NAU. I love Flagstaff! So many great trails and happy memories there! ugh
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 04:10 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I finished my last 2 years of undergrad at NAU. I love Flagstaff! So many great trails and happy memories there! ugh
Flagstaff, and the surrounding area, is breath-takingly beautiful. I know just how blessed I am to be able to spend 6 weeks every summer up there. And yes, great hiking and walking, in and out of the city.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel workouts, vacation