Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-19, 07:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

LOL, I make myself crazy.

The thing holding me back from ordering the GxmMat is the two reviewers who said there there bad creases in their mats. In one case, the reviewer upped their rating because the company replaced the mat. (To be fair, the company reached out to the other reviewer as well.)

However, the first reviewer went on and on about the greatly improved quality of the replacement mat, how much better and sturdier it was. It had me thinking: Was the first a different quality to begin with? Why would it be so much better? Does the company use different suppliers? I wouldn't want to order one and get a lesser quality mat, though it seems unlikely. (See, I make myself crazy.) Anyway I never read anything like that about Square 36. I may order with them.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-19, 07:37 PM  
sherry7899

Gina, I totally understand.

My mat did not have any creases in it, so hopefully that one was a fluke. I understand buying the Square 36 one since they have more reviews. Square 36 did not offer the size I wanted-six feet by five feet-so that is one of the reasons I bought from Gxmatt. I would love a larger mat, but the room I am using it in does not have the space since I already have a recumbent bike and treadmill in there.

Enjoy whatever you buy!

Sherry

ETA: Square 36 did come in 6 foot by 5 foot. Oh, well!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-19, 07:30 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
And thanks, Sherry #2! I think the cardio mats are different to barefoot-style mats...more slippery I think.
Yes, I have the round blue one that I have seen in some of Jessica's workouts. I don't use this one for cardio. I use it mostly for barefoot workouts. I have seen the black rectangle one in some of her other workouts. I wonder if that one is thicker and heavier?

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-19, 10:24 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
Yes, I have the round blue one that I have seen in some of Jessica's workouts. I don't use this one for cardio. I use it mostly for barefoot workouts. I have seen the black rectangle one in some of her other workouts. I wonder if that one is thicker and heavier?

Sherry
I *think* it is. Not sure.

Today I ordered the 6'x8' GxmMat, the same product that Sherry7899 has, just in a different size. My fingers are crossed that it will be the perfect mat for me, and I'm excited!
Old 02-24-19, 10:36 PM  
sherry7899

Gina, I hope you like it!

Old 02-24-19, 11:50 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks Sherry.
Happy Big Day tomorrow!!!
Old 02-27-19, 09:22 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Got my mat yesterday and I've already used it to exercise 3x. Love!!
Old 02-27-19, 10:18 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Got my mat yesterday and I've already used it to exercise 3x. Love!!
Wonderful! I am so glad you love it. I was nervous if you would like it.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Old 02-27-19, 11:43 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Oh no worries Sherry, I knew I'd like it! And if there had been any major issues I would've contacted them. I'm certain it's a virtually identical product to Square 36.

It's so nice to have this size. My husband and I exercise together on Saturdays (lately we've been doing Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Fit Body) and I really wished for the extra width so we could workout side by side comfortably.

Hope you did something fun on your birthday!
Old 03-27-19, 01:47 PM  
manleym

I'm looking at Gxmmat cardio mats and am wondering how thick they are - if there is enough cushioning for plyos, HiiT, Cathe. I've read reviews that someone put puzzle mats underneath for more cushion. Do you find the cardio mat has enough cushioning for a hardwood floor? We just got hardwoods so I'm trying to find a mat that will have enough cushioning, be easy to move, etc. I'm using a puzzle mat temporarily but they slide too much. Thanks for any advice!
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor mats, flooring, gorilla mat, mats, workout mat