Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-18, 10:48 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Susan,

You better watch out, because I believe that changed when SBF redid the website. I seem to remember someone here on VF having issues with an automatic renewal. You have to go in and "unrenew" a few days before renewal date (10 days?).

Carol
Yes, I know a lot of people are not happy with some aspects of the new website. That is probably one of them! But at least you can check your renewal date in your account easily, and resub or unsub online without any issues.

I know Lisa's site isn't the most user friendly, BUT, I have to say, it is MY FAVORITE STREAMING SITE visually. I just love the bright colors. . . I hope if Lisa does revamp it that she keeps the tropical color vibe.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 11:03 PM  
sillygirl

I emailed Lisa about five months into my annual subscription last year to ask about the renewal process since we don’t have account information on her site. They emailed me back that it auto-renews and let me know the date. I emailed her two days before the date this year and cancelled without a problem.

I have a reminder two weeks before my SBF account is set to renew in case I decide to cancel.

CallaneticsTV and Leslie’s Your Daily Walk are the only streaming sites I know that uses PayPal which you can easily stop the auto-payments on the PayPal site.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 01:40 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
I had a surprisingly unprofessional response from them when I was a subscriber. I'm glad you were able to get a prorated portion back.

~Beth
I was taken aback by the “complaining” comment, as well. Oh well, All’s well that ends well. She is a great instructor, hopefully, she can update her website so people can easily see their subscription info.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 04:06 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I never anticipated that they wouldn’t let me know or that I would have to track it. Particularly since your renewal date and account info is not available on her website, a first for me (I don’t stream much but even the others I’ve tried and canceled had all the info in my account info on the sites, making transactions straightforward and transparent). I’ll chalk it up to PBL’s lack of business savvy rather than underhandedness.
sorry to hear about your experience with them & glad to hear they gave you a refund. gosh, it's no skin off their teeth if they remove you! that's what doesn't make any sense.

if it were for some other product that requires a lot of effort to produce on their end, then i can understand.

I had a similar experience with Adobe InDesign. if you ever sign up for their services, ask lots of questions before you sign up!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 09:45 AM  
Izzy

I paid for a year up front with My Yoga Works last year. This year they sent me an email 2 weeks prior that my card will be charged for auto renewal unless I cancelled. Then they sent me another reminder about 5 days before. I really appreciated this because had they not, I might not have remembered exactly when I signed up.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 11:29 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Susan,

You better watch out, because I believe that changed when SBF redid the website. I seem to remember someone here on VF having issues with an automatic renewal. You have to go in and "unrenew" a few days before renewal date (10 days?).

Carol
Yes, it did change. It auto-renews.
Old 02-13-18, 11:34 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
Yes, I know a lot of people are not happy with some aspects of the new website. That is probably one of them! But at least you can check your renewal date in your account easily, and resub or unsub online without any issues.

I know Lisa's site isn't the most user friendly, BUT, I have to say, it is MY FAVORITE STREAMING SITE visually. I just love the bright colors. . . I hope if Lisa does revamp it that she keeps the tropical color vibe.
Lisa is in the process of revamping the site. And as Alison stated, the CC company will tell you it’s your responsibility to watch these things. I kept getting charged by SBF after canceling. This went on for 6 months. I now personally like having to email Lisa as I know I get a response that an anonymous click of a button doesn’t get me.

I am glad you got some of your $$ back.
Old 02-13-18, 11:39 AM  
mandie123

I just emailed Lisa to cancel,and it was done this morning
Old 02-13-18, 11:56 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

When I've canceled streaming on a website I take a screen shot as proof if there's any issue. Personally I think a lot of these sites are set up not to make it easy to cancel so it keeps their revenue coming in.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-18, 12:01 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
When I've canceled streaming on a website I take a screen shot as proof if there's any issue. Personally I think a lot of these sites are set up not to make it easy to cancel so it keeps their revenue coming in.
Agreed, and that is a great idea! Some will send you an e-mail confirmation of the cancellation - Robin Long/The Balanced Life sent me a confirmation when I cancelled.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad customer service, canceling pilates by lisa, pilates by lisa