Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-17, 01:08 PM  
tiletha444

Hits:
Consistent exercising. I finally accepted that I do my best when I workout in the mornings before work. My bedtime is early, but it's worth it.
My whiteboard calendar - tracking my workouts every month is a visual reminder and keeps me accountable.
Cathe Strong & Sweaty Series (all but the cardio DVD)
Cathe Fit Tower - I it more than I thought I would! So happy to be able to do modified pull ups! Fit Tower Total Body is my fave.
Les Mills OnDemand - This! It gave my regimen a good dose of F.U.N.! I use this at least 3 times a week.
Firestick TV - made my streaming life easy!

Misses:
Cathe Strong & Sweaty Cardio (blah)
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-17, 01:54 PM  
donnamp

Hmm.. this is a tough one - maybe b/c I didn't buy much or do anything dramatically different this year.

I guess my "hits" were doing some new-to-me workouts on You Tube w/ Pahla Bowers and CocoLime Fitness.

I general, I stuck with my usual mix of workouts this year and didn't buy many new workouts - so no real "misses"

fun thread, though!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 10:16 AM  
neatski

HIT: Finally, after many years of attempting and failing, getting used to working out in the morning and getting my workout out of the way at the beginning of my day. It's so much easier to be consistent, and it sets me up to feel good all day.

Also got sliding discs for $10. They have contributed so much to my core stability and joint mobility.

MISS: Les Mills streaming service. Literally never used it, don't have time for follow along workouts right now.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 03:06 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
HIT: Finally, after many years of attempting and failing, getting used to working out in the morning and getting my workout out of the way at the beginning of my day. It's so much easier to be consistent, and it sets me up to feel good all day.
Same here. I had a few nagging injuries so thought that was from working out in the morning. I switched back to my old routine for a month and went back to exercising first thing again. I feel my best...plus my injuries were honestly from overstretching (type A, haha) and something that happened when we moved in June.
Old 12-14-17, 05:09 PM  
akaAnnie

The biggest fitness hit of my year was the Thunderleash, given to my son and his girlfriend's black lab for his birthday. Colt weighs a hundred pounds and was never cooperative about walking on a leash without pulling. A lot. My son was the only one who could walk him, but with this leash a much smaller person (me) can comfortably walk him. We go almost everyday, some days farther than others, but he loves it so much I have to take him!
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 05:56 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
The biggest fitness hit of my year was the Thunderleash, given to my son and his girlfriend's black lab for his birthday. Colt weighs a hundred pounds and was never cooperative about walking on a leash without pulling. A lot. My son was the only one who could walk him, but with this leash a much smaller person (me) can comfortably walk him. We go almost everyday, some days farther than others, but he loves it so much I have to take him!
Ooh- i just looked that up. My Golden is fine walking around the neighborhood (she wears a Gentle Leader) but if we go some place new to walk, she gets so excited she even pulls w/ the GL - this looks like a good option for those out of neighborhood walks.

Anything good for dogs that bark while walking? My Lab barks all the time when we go for a walk.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 12:09 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

The biggest hit for me this year has definitely been the newer Callanetics with Lacey.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 03:06 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
The biggest hit for me this year has definitely been the newer Callanetics with Lacey.
Karen, I got my new DVD Callenetics Core Assets, this weekend I am going to test it out. It looks good! Who knows maybe I will be adding this one to my best list too!

I also just bought Tracey Mallett Pilates Super Sculpt which I have been wanting for a couple of years, I think that will be added to the best list too, really like the looks of it.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-17, 03:47 PM  
red1013

HIT: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty, especially PHA and the upper body workout

MISS: Classical Stretch season 11, I got about halfway through the workouts and I was just too bored. I might try it again in the future.
Old 12-15-17, 06:34 PM  
marki64

Hits: Amy Bento's Stepletic, Christi's Totally Cool Step, Cathe's Low Impact Sweat, KCM's Strength &
Stamina, & Your Best Body

Miss: Patrick Goudeau's 24/7 (just plain boring and unchallenging)
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, best of, hits and misses