Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-16, 04:16 PM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
I love Chromecast, but I found the instructions a little lacking. Some sites, like many things on YouTube, seem to have the link built in; others, like streaming from Movement for Modern Life and my Lee Holden QiGong videos, were a bit harder to figure out. For the latter, here's what I do:

Turn on the TV and set it to the source (HDMI location) of my Chromecast.

On my Samsung tablet, I go to Google Home App. (This used to be the Chromecast app, but it got automatically "updated" to the Google Home app.) There is a 3 line symbol on the upper left that brings up a bar with "cast screen/audio" on it. Click on that. This brings up the screen with a tab that will cast to your chromecast (TV) whatever is on your screen (tablet, phone, laptop). When you click on that, that exact screen now is on your TV.

Then you bring up another page (tab?) and go to whatever site you want to watch and bring it up. It should also be showing on your TV at the same time. When you're finished watching your video, go back to that "cast screen/audio" page and "disconnect."

The trick for me was learning that I had to bring up Chromecast and cast the tablet image to the TV first. Then I could bring up the site (Lee Holden, Movement for Modern Life, whatever) and start the video and it would show on the TV screen.

I hope I've explained this clearly. Chromecast works great for me, once I figured this out.

Ann
I'm sure this all becomes second nature after awhile, but this is why I prefer dvds. If you were doing the dvd, you might already be at the cooldown

I am a little bitter about streaming because a few days ago I wanted to do a Jessica walking workout on Youtube. Since my laptop is tiny and I like to see workouts on my larger tv screen, I decided to Roku it. So with the remote I flipped around my devices until I got to Roku, went to Youtube, tried to find my "view later" list, went to settings, discovered Youtube had forgotten who I was on Roku, went to the Youtube link on my laptop, put in the secret code, went back to the tv/Roku, went to my "view later" list, clicked through until I found Jessica, loaded it, WAITED WAITED WAITED until it was finally loaded, watched for 5 seconds until it froze, after awhile it seemed to be loaded, watched for 4 minutes, then the sound went out and I had to exit everything and try again. Hideous. I do have an older Roku but I really just love the simplicity of dvds, they are easy to load, pause, start again, etc.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-16, 08:48 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

For those who use websites that don't easily stream, try contacting customer service to see if they will provide an app. It makes it so much easier.

I also have used Chromecast and sometimes get very frustrated with it because it doesn't always work well.

Any fitness instructor who plans to rely on streaming as a revenue source should be providing an app.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chromecast, samsung, tablet, tech