Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-27-16, 02:20 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I've had great success with heavy weights, as Bubbles mentioned dry brushing (and it is not painful at all), a lot of outdoor bicycle rides, and rebounding (mini trampoline), I wasn't trying to reduce the cellulite, so it was great to see the improvement on that area as a side bonus, my legs looked lean and tone and the cellulite was barely noticeable.
That's great! I've been interested in a rebounder for a while, but i don't have the space. Nice to see improvement you were not expecting.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 02:25 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
It's normal and I'm afraid my solution is quite radical. Redefine cellulite as OK and not unsightly.

Here's some info.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...ments-work.htm
Thank you for the link. You are right about the need to redefine it. DH is fine with it, says i hardly have any at all. I don't see it the same way. Especially, in the horrid lighting found in ladies dressing rooms.

By the way some of those treatments sound down right dreadful.
Old 08-27-16, 02:25 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Missy Beaver says in the introduction to her videos that kettlebell training is the only way to get rid of cellulite.

I have no idea if that's true or not, but it's just some info I'm putting out there for ya.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 02:58 PM  
videofit

If you have thin skin the fat cells show more. Men have thicker skin so you seldom see cellulite on them. I saw supermodel Christy Turlington many years ago demo'ing her yoga practice on TV wearing a bathing suit or leotard with bare legs. I could see her cellulite. At that point I quit worrying!
Old 08-27-16, 03:01 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
Is there a particular XTRAIN you'd recommend? Do you dry brush every day? I should look into that as its a lot less scary then the deep tissue massage stuff.
I don't know which workout from Xtrain did the trick, as I did a 12 week rotation with it. I also did 100 rep hip thrust challenge twice a week. After the rotation I also did a lot of Cathe focused rotations that focused on the lower body. And yes, at the time, I was dry brushing every day.

If I had to guess, I would say that Tabatacise (from all the plyo) and Cardio Leg Blast. I really looked forward to doing those workouts and really gave it my all!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 03:39 PM  
Stephanie_B

Honestly I think it's mostly genetics. My mom and stepmom don't have it. I only do when I'm overweight (which is the opposite of a lot of people) so I dunno I guess I don't do anything? The leaner I am the less I have and any when im lean is only gonna be where standard brief underwear is anyway. When I'm overweight it doesn't bug me because it's behind me anyway .

That said I bought a FasciaBlaster for pain and I'll be damned if it didn't help the cellulite. I didn't notice DH and my daughter did and my daughter doesn't give me compliments like that easily.

ETA. I dry skin brushed the majority of my adult life. I credit it for smoother skin and extremely fast ab flattening of the skin after 3 kids. But when I start perimenopause to t broke me out in hives. I went so light too. When I taught T-Tapp I told people use it as lightly as you do on a newborn's face just to clarify. I finally stopped all together and hives stopped. So weird. I also can't use regular body washes anymore but only Eucerin Dry Skin Calming oil type one (I've tried other brands this one works for me) and my hair is less oily then it's ever been so I think it's me not the technique.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 03:54 PM  
bubbles76

I wish it was genetics with me! My mom doesn't have cellulite or stretch marks, and I've got both.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 07:21 PM  
Helen

Having been aware that the term "cellulite" is not a medical term, being only invented to sell products, looked up Scholar.Google and have this for you, only a snip, but help it helps.

So-Called Cellulite: An Invented Disease*
Authors
F. Nürnberger M.D.,
G. Müller M.D.
First published: March 1978
Full publication history
DOI: 10.1111/j.1524-4725.1978.tb00416.xView/save citation
Cited by: 97 articles
Citation tools
Article has an altmetric score of 13
* Presented in Summary-Abstract at the Fifteenth International Congress of Dermatology, October 1977, in Mexico City.

Abstract

The anatomic basis of so-called cellulite, the hormonal basis for the clinical condition, the prevalence of it, the essential normality and inevitability of it in women, the supervention of it in hormonally feminized men, and the near futility of treating the non-disease are explored in this paper.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 07:46 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Having been aware that the term "cellulite" is not a medical term, being only invented to sell products, looked up Scholar.Google and have this for you, only a snip, but help it helps.

So-Called Cellulite: An Invented Disease*
Authors
F. Nürnberger M.D.,
G. Müller M.D.
First published: March 1978
Full publication history
DOI: 10.1111/j.1524-4725.1978.tb00416.xView/save citation
Cited by: 97 articles
Citation tools
Article has an altmetric score of 13
* Presented in Summary-Abstract at the Fifteenth International Congress of Dermatology, October 1977, in Mexico City.

Abstract

The anatomic basis of so-called cellulite, the hormonal basis for the clinical condition, the prevalence of it, the essential normality and inevitability of it in women, the supervention of it in hormonally feminized men, and the near futility of treating the non-disease are explored in this paper.
I'd be interested in reading the article. Are there any non-subscription required sources?
Old 08-27-16, 11:22 PM  
Helen

Not sure - I've found LOTS of articles on Scholar.Google require membership to the journal or a one-off payment to download the article, which are often ~$30, depending on the source - sorry.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body acceptance, body image, cellulite