Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-16, 10:01 AM  
dianestjohn

Get the whole set. I love these workouts with a love I have not felt in awhile. Each workout has at least a dozen interesting premixes; each of the workouts is different and they are all fun. The intensity is perfect - I feel really challenged but not wiped out. The only workout I dislike is To The Mat - stretches for the warmup and killer ball roll ups as the first exercise and too much focus on too few muscles. But every other workout is wonderful and the entire thing is wrapped up with Cathe's high production values and wonderful personality.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 10:56 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels5 View Post
I hadn't actually thought of this before, but now you have me wondering if it is worth getting all of them in order to avoid missing any of the muscle meltdowns...I'm tempted now! I wish there was a disc with all of them...read a few places where others thought that too. I was never able to figure out her workout blender.
I don't care for Rock'm Sock'm but I'm keeping it because of the Muscle meltdown! So if you want the Meltdowns plus some others, it would be cheaper to get the whole set.

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 11:49 AM  
TinaS

I would say get the whole set! I love this series. Of all the workouts, I use To the Mat the least. I love the muscle meltdowns and the blizzard blast options.

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 12:28 PM  
Shelbygirl

I would get the whole set. This is my favorite series of Cathe's in a long time. I regularly use all of the workouts (except for To The Mat, which I have yet to even try).

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 12:39 PM  
zoegirl

I seem to be the exception - I really like To The Mat!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 05:35 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
Hey, Julie.

I did Boot Camp this morning, and I did not think that it was easy. (Fortunately, it wasn't soul-crushingly hard either.) It moved very quickly, and its format was cardio (usually on the step), lower body, upper body, abs -- repeat.

I haven't done much step cardio lately, which may have been why I didn't find it easy. I also felt a little off balance the whole time because my workout area is a little small and I had to reposition my step, pull out a mat, switch weights, etc. The next go-around should be much smoother.

Overall, I liked it, felt like I worked hard without working too hard, and have no joint pain. These things are good.

I have done everything now by Low Impact Sweat. The easiest to me was Total Body Metabolic, probably because it has less of a cardio effect than any of the other ones. Oh, and To the Mat -- but it's unlike any of the other disks.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, AF. I rarely make it through Cathe's step routines the first time through. Yet I am surprised when I go back and do one of her step workouts years later how much comes back to me.

Hope you like Low Impact Sweat. That's the one I was really hoping to get a lot of use out of, just hoping it's not too fast paced for me.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 05:47 PM  
Jewels5

Thanks so much, everyone for your feedback. I took a chance and ordered the set. Price wise it makes more sense anyway. Plus she has always been one of my favorite instructors, even though I'm not at the advanced level. I just love the quality and many options available, plus I find them so easy to modify to my own level while still enjoying them. Anyway, I appreciate all of your replies.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Old 05-19-16, 05:50 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
zoegirl, I'm glad to know this since this is the one that initially attracted me to this set! I love doing floor work.

Old 05-19-16, 07:52 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
You're not alone - so do I

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-16, 09:47 PM  
Tugger31

I actually like Rock 'em Sock "em Kickbox. I'm not thrilled with the jumping jacks at the end, but I love doing the warm up and punching combo premix as a bonus non-weighted arm workout.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe ice, cathe ice series, ice series, to the mat