Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-10-16, 09:40 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Did you get 30% off? I wish they put real pockets and that is what is preventing me from ordering another pair. It has a matching jacket/blazer. I haven't bought one yet but might.
Do you need a code for 30% off? I bought the flare and if I like them I may buy the straight leg. I don't think that the lack of pockets will be an issue for me. Once I get them I'll post my thoughts on the other thread. I haven't seen the blazer yet. If I keep the pants I'll definitely check it out.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 09:46 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersparkle View Post
I think I have reached some sort of plateau of dvd exercise contentment since I have been on VF for several years.

Here, I finally discovered what workouts I like. More importantly, by reading other VF's experiences (as well as my own), I have created an exercise "philosophy, school of thought, attitude" that suits me. So no more searching or need to jump on the latest bandwagon, for now.

VF has exposed me to so many methods & instructors, I now have enough material to choose from.

Even tho, I am a happy camper, I always check out new instructors & methods mentioned on here in case they fit my "exercise philosophy". I guess I'm pretty picky, because not many do. But on the bright side - it sure saves me $
This describes where I am to a T. I haven't bought any new DVDs since January 2015, and then I bought one set (Sleek Technique) after a good purge. When I feel the need to do something different, I go to youtube and do a search for whatever I'm craving and it usually comes up with something that hits the spot.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 10:32 AM  
ncl

I tend to go through periods where I am satisfied with what I have (and am always actively reading VF...I come here every day), then I have periods where I want to buy. I am in a period where I want to buy now, so many sets I want, but I feel like in the long run, it is a fantastic investment in health. I like variety and the new things keep me interested and excited about being fit and working out. I have my eye on Cize (I love to dance) and Sweatlab series and am considering Ripped with HIIT as well and would like to check out PiYo, too. I also just got ICE and some rebounder workouts that I have barely tried. I think I'll take my time acquiring as I can't do everything at once! I also don't have the newest Tracie Long videos either. Big list!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 11:01 AM  
rheash92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Did you get 30% off? I wish they put real pockets and that is what is preventing me from ordering another pair. It has a matching jacket/blazer. I haven't bought one yet but might.
These look so cool but way beyond my budget. I wish I could afford them
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 11:16 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have gone through periods of jumping on every new fitness fad and bandwagon. I had an epiphany of sorts last year and acknowledged my limitations and what makes me feel good. I still buy, but primarily downloads and streaming if I can get in on a really good sale. And I love YouTube. I am purging my DVD collection as I am convinced they will be obsolete sooner than later.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 11:34 AM  
Scorpio6

Enough is enough is the point I have reached, and I don't intend to spend anything on DVDs until December 2016, if then. All the R&D I have done on my own body ove rthe past 8 years have given me enough indicators as to what I can actually do vs what I would ideally like to do -- unfortunately. I have narrowed things down to focus on a few and that's going to be it. So this should be a very good year for my budget.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 11:34 AM  
momofcha

I was just thinking this last night. I keep looking for the "next best thing" that's going to help me lose the weight. I don't think I give my rotations time to even work.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 12:30 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I was just thinking this last night. I keep looking for the "next best thing" that's going to help me lose the weight. I don't think I give my rotations time to even work.
How long are you giving them, out of curiosity?
I followed the same plan for over 9 months without a break and it made a huge difference. I lost stubborn weight (and yes food plays into that but when you see physical results it can become easier to stick to the plan with food). I think about 5 weeks in was when I actuallySAW a change in my mirror and photos. It seems lots of rotations don't even last 5 weeks!
I know everyone wants to do the next thing and the best thing (me included) but there's a benefit to sticking with something over time, in my experience.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 12:43 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
How long are you giving them, out of curiosity?
I followed the same plan for over 9 months without a break and it made a huge difference. I lost stubborn weight (and yes food plays into that but when you see physical results it can become easier to stick to the plan with food). I think about 5 weeks in was when I actuallySAW a change in my mirror and photos. It seems lots of rotations don't even last 5 weeks!
I know everyone wants to do the next thing and the best thing (me included) but there's a benefit to sticking with something over time, in my experience.
Lately it's been 4 weeks. I know that's not long enough, but I'm trying to decide - 6 weeks? 12 weeks? etc.... I just have workout ADD these days and I know I need to stop!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 12:52 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I have gone through periods of jumping on every new fitness fad and bandwagon.
That!
I was spending a fortune on stuff I ended up not liking. Now I know what I like and purchase based on that. Hammer & Chisel was not on my radar but I love Sagi. Not so much Autumn. She was the reason I wasn't going to order but the reviews pushed me over the edge. I so trust the opinions on this board so I ordered last night I still order anything Cathe. That's a given always.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, no buy