Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-16, 01:08 PM  
cherimac

Well, I have two kids who will be in college next year, and one who is a high school Freshman. That incentive helps.
Old 01-09-16, 01:41 PM  
rheash92

I am definitely not even close to that point yet.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 05:05 PM  
isebelleg44

I am moving more and more towards streaming, that way I won't acquire as much physical stuff!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 05:18 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I reach this point here and there, and then days later there is something else I want.

It just never ends....
I agree, it never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I thought making other people buy DVDs all the time was the sole reason of this forum. No?
hahahaha

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 05:20 PM  
lizh

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post

Anyone satisfied with what they have and no longer acquire stuff?
Not me, I'm hopeless.

I am patting myself on the back for passing on ICE, but I caved on Jessica Smith. I purchased the downloads instead of DVDs in the spirit of "less stuff" ...but that was a stupid move because I probably would enjoy them much better on my large TV than my little laptop. Oh well, I'm still enjoying them!

Last night I watched the Hammer and Chisel promo and was very tempted!!

For me, it is all good and no shame as long as I'm exercising most days. It is really sad, when I go through periods of not working out at all and the sole purchase of my large collection is to sit there and mock my lazy butt sitting on the couch.

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 07:05 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post

The most effective no-buy is for me to stay away from VF altogether. Out of sight, out of mind. But then I'd miss my tribe.
This! Though I am slowly getting there. Gotta get through my entire stash. Finally stopped buying bellydance dvds though.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 08:03 PM  
edensmom

I didn't come here close to a year and a half and the only thing I got during that time was Ripped with Hiit because I had pre-ordered. Now that I've been visiting again the past few weeks, I've already bought Edge Booty Extreme 2 and have my eye on Sweat Lab and ICE. I was more than happy with my collection during the time I was logged off.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 09:27 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
My guess is, if they're reading this post ... no. I think there is a very significant correlation between reading VF posts regularly and never being satisfied with what you already have!
So true

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 02:54 AM  
Cybersparkle

I think I have reached some sort of plateau of dvd exercise contentment since I have been on VF for several years.

Here, I finally discovered what workouts I like. More importantly, by reading other VF's experiences (as well as my own), I have created an exercise "philosophy, school of thought, attitude" that suits me. So no more searching or need to jump on the latest bandwagon, for now.

VF has exposed me to so many methods & instructors, I now have enough material to choose from. My "enough" is about 70 to 100 dvds & the occasional u tube workout. I don't subscribe to any streaming yet. I probably use @ 30 to 50 of them & save the rest in case I have a change of heart one day.

Now that I know which methods & instructors I like, I only get their new stuff.
I am lucky that my fav instructors (Ellen & Raviana) each have @ 20 to 30 dvds out. Which is enough variety for me. I wish Travis Eliot would do another UY and can't wait til I can afford Bellyfits latest.

I think if I worked out daily, I may get bored with what I have & need more. But I can be sporadic & in the time away from the workouts, absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Even tho, I am a happy camper, I always check out new instructors & methods mentioned on here in case they fit my "exercise philosophy". I guess I'm pretty picky, because not many do. But on the bright side - it sure saves me $

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 09:18 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
same here. I bought the Betabrand Yoga Dress Pants you posted the link to on the clothing thread...never heard of that brand until I logged onto that post Thursday night. I should have them by weeks end
Did you get 30% off? I wish they put real pockets and that is what is preventing me from ordering another pair. It has a matching jacket/blazer. I haven't bought one yet but might.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, no buy