Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-16, 10:25 AM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I reach this point here and there, and then days later there is something else I want.

It just never ends....
This is why I am thrilled with youtube workouts. There are a ton of free sites with variety, levels and excellent instructors. It is endless. I signed up for commercial free so I am not bothered by ads. It has saved me a lot of money
Old 01-09-16, 10:36 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I even buy non dvd recommendations from VFers. Lol.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 10:40 AM  
s2546

I love the variety of DVDs and I love reading about VF experience with different rotations!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 10:52 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
I even buy non dvd recommendations from VFers. Lol.
same here. I bought the Betabrand Yoga Dress Pants you posted the link to on the clothing thread...never heard of that brand until I logged onto that post Thursday night. I should have them by weeks end

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 11:37 AM  
cherimac

As of a year ago. I know what I like and what works and no longer pay attention to things that I won't use.
Old 01-09-16, 11:39 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
As of a year ago. I know what I like and what works and no longer pay attention to things that I won't use.
That is wonderful! I am slowly getting there.....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 11:44 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I just received Cathe's Ice last month. I did do all the workouts at least once. I also activated my one year Barre3 subscription. I have two online yoga subscriptions and own a million dvds.

So why I am suddenly interested in Hammer & Chisel? Why can't I just keep doing ICE and continue with Barre3 and just be satisfied? Why do I always want more? I used to rotate Reebok step with Cindy Crawford's Shape your body over and over again....

Anyone satisfied with what they have and no longer acquire stuff?
We are on the same boat, Isebelle! I just started looking at H&C yesterday!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 11:55 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

I thought making other people buy DVDs all the time was the sole reason of this forum. No?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 12:38 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
I thought making other people buy DVDs all the time was the sole reason of this forum. No?
Surely, you jest!

I did not work with me. You are going to have to try much harder.

Santosha is my phantom middle name. [That means "contentment" in Sanskrit, and it is a prescribed behavior for yogis ...]

That said, I am really getting a taste for variety with gaia. Given my history, though; I have not changed one bit (as of now). Behavior had been a different story, however. About 60% of it was ... I had not had the internet
transmission speed - and had no taste for DVDs; was a self-sequencer;
and did not care at the time. I'd still been in good shape.

40 years ago, when I had been a student in Colorado for a while, I had started to envy the looks of those women who could rock a short-sleeved peasant blouse (I am speaking purely in aesthetic terms; of course I know that any woman who wants to wear one can wear one!!). Now I am finally getting those long, stringy dancer's guns for myself. I credit newfound video-practicing and video-exercising "variety"—such as it is—for that.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-16, 12:49 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I am slowly getting there. I may be burning myself out with this? I just expressed interest in Hammer & Chisel but came to my senses. I haven't purchased Ice. There are four or five brands I know I like -- basic tried & true workouts that I reach for over & over again. I'm trying to stick only to those brands in 2016 and ignore the rest rather than go on a no-buy challenge (which never works for me because trying not to buy workouts while hanging out at VF each day is like trying not to shop while hanging out in a mall each day).

The most effective no-buy is for me to stay away from VF altogether. Out of sight, out of mind. But then I"d miss my tribe.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection, no buy