Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-15, 12:32 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

What is your favorite Cathe ICE workout so far?

For me it's definitely Low Impact Sweat! I found this one nice and challenging with plenty of new and unique moves that were effective and fun. My heart rate was nicely elevated and I feel like I got at least as good a workout as I do with Cardio Supersets (from LIS) and AOLIH (from XTrain). Of course, Afterburn is the mother of advanced low impact workouts so it doesn't approach that (and it's not supposed to of course! ) However, I enjoyed this one MUCH more than the RWH low impact workouts. I will be using this one ALOT!

Of course, I haven't done them all yet, but I loved Low Impact Sweat so much it got me curious as to what everyone's favorite has been. I still have to do the Muscle Meltdowns, Metabolic Total Body and Rock'm Sock'm, but I'll be surprised if they beat low impact sweat.

My second favorite is Chiseled Upper Body since that one is probably the most unique upper body workout in Cathe's library.

What's your favorite ICE workout?
Old 12-26-15, 12:47 PM  
dela

If it were not for my shoulder injury annoyance, it would have been Metabolic Total Body, but I'm going to have to sub a lot or really lighten my weights to be safe.

Low impact sweat cardio #1 was awesome, so I think I'll go with that one. But Bootcamp is right behind.

I probably would have loved chiseled UB, but again, my stupid shoulder.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 01:27 PM  
Tugger31

Well I've only done 2 so far... Low Impact Sweat workout #1 and Core #2 and I really enjoyed them both. I haven't worked out in 2 weeks so this was my first workout back at it. I was pleasantly surprised at how tough LIS was or unpleasantly surprised at how out of shape I have gotten

I like that it was over before I knew it, so no dread factor. It's like RWH-lite minus the dread factor and minus the gasping for air and pausing to catch my breath.

Core #2 was a solid Cathe ab routine.

Looking forward to trying the others! Tomorrow I'll be doing the upper body workout (can't recall the name)
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 04:11 PM  
isebelleg44

I have done four so far, To the Mat, Metabolic Total Body, Low Impact Sweat & Chiseled Lower Body Blast. Shockingly Low Impact Sweat is my favorite so far. I am not a big fan of cardio and am not usually a fan of Cathe cardio. I prefer her metabolic workouts or her shorter intense routines. This one flew by for me.

The Blizzard blast from Chiseled Lower Body Blast, is my favorite so far. She alternates a leg exercise with cardio. It's intense, hello one legged burpees!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 04:47 PM  
Orlita

I was just looking at the To the Mat DVD on totalfitness. Any chance Cathe has a music-off option? I love the exercises she does in the sample clip, but the music would agitate me.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 05:05 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlita View Post
I was just looking at the To the Mat DVD on totalfitness. Any chance Cathe has a music-off option? I love the exercises she does in the sample clip, but the music would agitate me.
Yes, these have a music off option.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 07:27 AM  
T2B

So far I’ve done Low Impact Sweat 1 & 2, Metabolic Total Body + Blizzard Blast, and Chiseled Lower Body. I can’t decide right now because I’ve loved them all so far. LISw and MTB are close. LISw may have the edge because of all those jumping jacks in MTB. I have no problem doing jumping jacks but why do we have to continue to do them. The mountain climbers/burpees, squat thrusts in MTB Blizzard Blast made the jumping jacks tolerable. Ha.

I did LIS Trisets Lower Body after Chiseled Lower Body and those two go well together. It felt like an extended cardio leg day.

I loved the MTB Blizzard Blast.

I will be doing Boot Camp Circuit today.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 08:15 AM  
clerkin11

I've done 4 so far and I've loved them all
I've done chiseled LBB, Boot camp, Metabolic total body and Rockm Sockm kickbox.
I would say my favorite has been Rockm Sockm because the boxing combos are so much fun.
I was least looking forward to low impact sweat, but with the positive comments here, I'm curious. I haven't had a chance to try any blizzard blasts or muscle meltdowns yet.
I love the level of these and all the options. I see myself using this set a LOT!!
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 08:31 AM  
Juice

My favorite so far (although I really love all that I've done to this point) is Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox. (For reference, I am an advanced-level group fitness instructor.) What an outstanding workout! As a recovering step junkie, kickbox has never been a huge favorite of mine, but I have always enjoyed what I've done. However, RSK takes my enjoyment to a whole new level! Great variety and the time just flies! I think this workout is easily modified up or down. I used one-pound hand weights to sub for the weight of boxing gloves.

I've seen that some are concerned about jumping jacks in the workout. I am one who likes the jacks, but if you don't, there are pre-mix options to allow you to avoid them. And you can always modify them down to low-impact, which I recently had to do while recovering from a hip injury. I didn't think that there were all that many jacks in the workout anyway.

I still have to do Boot Camp, Chiseled Lower Body Blast and To the Mat, but I can't imagine enjoying any workout more than RSK
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 08:35 AM  
andtckrtoo

This is my first preorder since the STS Shock Cardio one, and I love it. It's absolutely perfect for me. Low Impact Sweat 1 is on the docket today, but like others I really like the ones I've done so far. I think Chiseled Upper is my favorite so far, but I liked them all.

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, ice reviews, ice series, to the mat