Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-15, 07:58 AM  
cmarsh4

I just turned 50 this year and yes I ordered the ICE series. I still love intense workouts but just modify some of the impact and don't go as heavy but love the challenge. I hope these still have that challenge aspect, I still hope I am sweating buckets when I am done and I hope that I have DOMS the next day but don't want puke in a bucket or that I cant move the next day.

I started with Cathe on VHS as well and even though I have done a lot in between I still have some Cathe's that I use often. I signed up for streaming but other than the live workouts I cant do the others because of buffering so might have to cancel.
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 09:36 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I started with Cathe in 1992 and kept up until XTrain. I simply can't do jumps/intensity and heavy weights, and I really don't want to anymore. I need a lot of variety and not many reps, and unfortunately, that's not I've seen from her in the past few years. I really like her as a person, and she'll always be an inspiration. If she puts out some fusion/pilates/fun/functional low impact, I'd order immediately!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 09:42 AM  
dianestjohn

I'm 57 and ordered the minute I heard about the ICE series. I like high intermediate intensity and I think Cathe knows how to do that perfectly - it's really a gift for an instructor to be able to create a workout that is very challenging in the intermediate category without making it too intense, and I'm looking forward to Cathe's take on it.

I'm so glad Cathe is finally making an intermediate series. I think over the years her fans have made her workouts kinda like the gay marriage thing - there was a sense that if Cathe made any workouts of less than ultra intensity, it would somehow lessen the status of her other more-intense workouts - instead I think the opposite will happen - by being more inclusive she will get a whole new wave of fans.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 09:48 AM  
Mickey12

I turned 50 this year and yes, I pre-ordered the new Cathe set. I still do the high impact, high intensity stuff sometimes but find myself doing lower impact more often. I have been doing Cathe for years and still really like her stuff although I have to modify. I'm really looking forward to this new intermediate set!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 09:50 AM  
lorajc

I'm 56 and ordered. I do most of her stuff but have to modify to low impact due to injueies. I use my rebounder for some of the higher stuff. I'm not really into step any more but i hope to get back into it some day so i still purchase them. Either that or I'll sell.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 11:28 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm almost 60 and haven't pre-ordered a Cathe set since the Pyramids.

I'll wait for reviews.

I have been gravitating to her older workouts lately.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 02:42 PM  
mtngoat

I'm 58 and I pre-ordered. I started with Cathe on VHS.

I love Ripped with Hit, and use a some of (or a portion of) the workouts a lot! I have really gotten my money's worth on this set. (And maybe I'll decide that I like metabolic workouts and use the other workouts more in the future. )

I am looking forward to the ICE series!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 02:50 PM  
dnna

I am 65 and preordered the first day. I am scaling back to Fit Primes, Firm Basics, Firm Prime Powers after a series of injuries. NO more doing two workouts back to back. I did this a lot, for a 90 minute workout. Caught up to me.
You women in your 50's -you are young, that is a great age. enjoy it!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 04:51 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I would order, but I hurt my knee and don't know what the doc will say regarding future workouts. Because of that I decided to hold off. I will buy the floorwork one individually.

In the past, I've bought full Cathe sets, and ended up only a using a few of the discs. I'm being cautious this time.
Old 07-02-15, 06:01 PM  
Sara1000

I am 71 and preordered. I have slacked off a bit lately but am working back up steadily to a Cathe series. Lately I am doing the Gymstyle workouts for upper body and Standing Legs and an assortment of barre type workouts for lower. I do not do the entire workout on any of these however.

Yes I did Cathe step on VHS. Lately I do her Athletic Step and Low Impact Hiit or walking outside for cardio.

And I work full time!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe ice, ice series, over 50