Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-14, 06:19 PM  
Lannette

I haven't actually tried it with my kf hdx but if I were to do it I'd first download them to my laptop and then transfer them to the tablet.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 06:25 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne View Post
Can fitness videos from youtube be downloaded to any of the tablets and saved on the tablet? I ask because I'm thinking of getting a tablet so that when I go on cruises where no wi fi is available or is too expensive I can use the tablet to view the fitness videos. I've been bringing my laptop but it's kind of big.
Some tablets (like the Dell Venue, which I have) have a slot for micro SD cards, so you can easily store and view video without needing WiFi.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 08:47 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Best Buy has the Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4 on sale this week for $250. Its screen resolution is as sharp as the Fire HDX plus it takes sd cards. I use it to cast youtube videos to my tv using a chromecast dongle which you can get at BB for $35.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 09:15 PM  
Fit Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Some tablets (like the Dell Venue, which I have) have a slot for micro SD cards, so you can easily store and view video without needing WiFi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
Best Buy has the Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4 on sale this week for $250. Its screen resolution is as sharp as the Fire HDX plus it takes sd cards. I use it to cast youtube videos to my tv using a chromecast dongle which you can get at BB for $35.
I'm thinking now about the Dell Venue or Samsung Galaxy (maybe the Tab 4) I think these 2 are similar priced.
The Samsung Glalaxy 4 is a lot cheaper than the 8.4 Have to look at the differences.

Both the Dell and Samsung have SD storage which I like. I don't think they have HDMI cable input but I'm going to look into chromecast that Wanda uses.

ETA: Dell has Windows 8.1..not familiar with that. Otherwise they look fairly similar and the Galaxy Tab 4 is slightly less expensive.

ETA 2. I'm also going to look at the Nexus but I don't think that has a sd slot for extra memory.
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 10:07 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

I love my iPad, but it is the most expensive option.

I got a Venue 8 Pro for Christmas last year and it is a huge disappointment. Trying to hit anything in Windows on an 8 inch screen is nearly impossible and mine has "I don't feel like turning on today" issues.

I'm thinking about a Kindle HDX 8.9 because I have Amazon Prime. HSN is going to have it as a TSV soon and it is already available to preorder:

http://www.hsn.com/products/kindle-f...yboard/7627367

That said, I'll probably just get a new iPad because there are apps that aren't available on Kindle for some reason.

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 10:11 PM  
Fit Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCC View Post
I love my iPad, but it is the most expensive option.

I got a Venue 8 Pro for Christmas last year and it is a huge disappointment. Trying to hit anything in Windows on an 8 inch screen is nearly impossible and mine has "I don't feel like turning on today" issues.

I'm thinking about a Kindle HDX 8.9 because I have Amazon Prime. HSN is going to have it as a TSV soon and it is already available to preorder:

http://www.hsn.com/products/kindle-f...yboard/7627367

That said, I'll probably just get a new iPad because there are apps that aren't available on Kindle for some reason.

Laura (LCC)
Thanks! maybe I'll pass on the Venue..will check it out at the store this weekend. If I had Amazon Prime I think I'd go for a kindle..
What is a TSV?
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 10:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
since the dell tablet runs on windows, are there lots of apps available?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 10:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
The surface is a pretty cool machine but I think too much for the casual user who only wants to surf and stream videos. It essentially functions as a small laptop computer that can break down into a keyboard and tablet. It's astonishingly powerful - when we were on holidays this year, my DH was able to log on and play an on-line MMO.

Probably more bang than is needed for surfing VF and streaming Tonique videos though, and quite a few more bucks (certainly more than an iPad)

That sucks about your son's surface, bzar! Terrible.
thanks for your comment. yah.... some people are jerks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-14, 11:13 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
since the dell tablet runs on windows, are there lots of apps available?
My tablet, this one, is Android. I have a PC with Windows 8 and really hate it, but I like the Android interface a lot.

I also have a Kindle Fire HD (the older model w/o camera) and while it has a great picture and sound, it doesn't have a card slot or any kind of output. I guess you would need a Fire TV box to send a picture to the TV. I did preorder the Fire TV stick which is supposed to come in December.

Another line of tablets that looks really good is the ASUS MeMo. They also have card slots. (Does Apple have those yet?)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 12:34 AM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
thanks for your comment. yah.... some people are jerks.
Was there a way to brick it? That is the one good thing about being tied into a amazon or apple, if someone steals your device, they can pretty much make it unusable.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, kindle, samsung, tablet