Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-14, 07:07 PM  
gilbjeter

Bodyweight workouts for upper body

I like lifting heavy for legs but not so much for my upper body. I don't like the look I get in my upper body from heavy weights. I do like the way my arms look from body weight work though. My arms looked their best when I did an Insanity rotation but I'm not going there again (too much dread and I'll probably order insanity max 30 I'm dec). I'd like to have one dedicated arm day a week but I want it all body weight work (maybe some weight but nothing heavy with tons of weights, maybe bands are ok for resistance). Any suggestions?
gilbjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 07:11 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

When I think body weight workouts, I think Foundation Training, DDP Yoga, and Piyo. Doesn't KCM have a body weight only workout, also?

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 07:12 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

In Karen Getz's X-train workout, one of the backgrounders does all the exercises using tubing. She also does push-ups. Frankly some of the moves look awkward with a band, but I'm sure you could improvise. Also the dvd is not expensive.
Old 10-08-14, 07:37 PM  
kariev34

I'm like you, I do great with heavier lifting for my lower body but not for my upper. I only do horizontal conditioning and ballet ballet body upper body download segments.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 08:42 PM  
bfit

Ilaria's Abs and Push-Ups workout is all body weight. It's about half push-up variations and about half ab work.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 02:42 AM  
Pippadog

Hi

I agree that there are few just bodyweight 'upper body workouts'. I tend to rely on yoga for upper body and core. Alot of the practices on udaya focus on this area and they are quite tough. Saying that I do like to work with weights on my upper body and may go a back to STS to work on strength gains for that purpose.

Laura
Pippadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 06:12 AM  
Demeris

Ballet Body upper body, and there's a 20 mins segment on total body.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 07:19 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Horizontal Conditioning!
Old 10-09-14, 08:00 AM  
cherimac

Suzanne Bowen can fry my upper body with light weights and bodyweight exercises.
Old 10-09-14, 09:07 AM  
edensmom

The Dream Body workouts have lots of plank work plus light weights. I had great upper body results from 3x a week. Strong, solid arms but more slender.

I am on week 12 of Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide and am very happy with my arms. She might do one weighted exercise in the arm workout. Otherwise it is pushups/burpees/mtn climbers etc. Just one arm day per week. It is a written program though. And very very challenging.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body weight workouts, bodyweight workouts, upper body