Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-14, 03:53 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
How long does 10/11/12K take on the rebounder? I normally do anywhere from 20-40 minutes.
Thanks.
I generally get 11k an hour on my Bellicon, which ends up being 5.5 miles per hour. It gets the steps in really quick.

Cheryl
Old 09-28-14, 05:04 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Does anyone else have any specific responses to the OP's question?
I feel like we're getting into Bellicon advertising area again...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-14, 05:10 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I generally get 11k an hour on my Bellicon, which ends up being 5.5 miles per hour. It gets the steps in really quick.
Cheryl
Thanks, Cheryl.
Old 10-01-14, 07:47 PM  
spotted zebra

More energy throughout the day.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 06:39 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Does anyone else have any specific responses to the OP's question?
I don't use my rebounder nearly enough, I need to get back into the habit of using it, even if just jogging or bouncing while watching tv (I wish I could take out one of our couches and put the rebounder there!). The biggest thing I notice is a huge NOTICEABLE drop in stress. I mean I can physically feel my body becoming less stressed. It also allows thoughts in my mind to just kind of flow and I can seriously understand why runners like to run. It is so meditative. I usually jog to a Virtual Active video, and between the relaxing outdoors scenes and the physical movement of the rebounding, it makes me feel like a new person.

I'll never be an outdoor runner, it feels so jarring on my body and for some reason makes my torso break out in a rash. But I can jog on my rebounder and get all the good without the bad.
Old 10-02-14, 08:43 AM  
raeven

Ok, I'm going to ask what is probably a silly question, but I'm curious! What sort of moves do you guys do while rebounding? Does anybody just bounce up and down, nothin fancy? People that do Leslie and get steps...are just basically marching in place on the mat?

Was just curious what all people do. I barely ever touch mine honestly. Most because mine is a cheap walmart one, and as somebody mentioned above, it's very squeaky! I find when I do use it though..I pretty much just do a whole bunch of variety of stuff...just bouncing...walking...some jogging...side steps. Pretty much just do whatever I feel like doing at the moment. Is that pretty much what everybody else does? Does anybody just bounce up and down and that's it? I know when I do use it, I really feel it in my legs big time. I really should start doing it daily..hence my question of what people do.
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 10:01 AM  
BunnyHop

Yeah, my work on the rebounder is just instinctive. March in place, wider stance, narrow stance, just bouncing but changing my stance between bounces, one footed, alternating feet, up on my toes, changing the angle of my feet between bounces ( // to \\ ), bent knees, straight legs, keeping my feet on the mat with really low bounces, bouncing higher so my feet are all the way off the mat, etc..

I do always start slowly, with a few minutes of really gentle health bouncing type stuff because I want to make sure I avoid creating problems for myself. (I had/have PF, and find that being careful to get warmed up first pretty much prevents problems/flares no matter what I'm doing workout-wise.)

ETA: I find that I'm getting on my rebounder whenever I feel restless and need to move, but don't have the freedom to leave the house.

Mostly I just enjoy the music on my MP3 player.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 10:11 AM  
Pam

I like doing the DVDs intended for rebounding, as they push me to a wider variety of moves than I would on my own. I also do Cathe's high impact cardio DVDs on the rebounder--most recently Intensity, the Double HIIT premix (only the HIIT portion).
Old 10-02-14, 10:33 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeven View Post
I find when I do use it though..I pretty much just do a whole bunch of variety of stuff...just bouncing...walking...some jogging...side steps. Pretty much just do whatever I feel like doing at the moment. Is that pretty much what everybody else does?
That's what I do. Whatever feels good. Sometimes if I have low energy or I'm not awake yet I just bounce for a while, but then depending on the music I always end up adding other things. Usually I just put my iPod on shuffle and go with the flow.

I've also been using mine with 30-Minutes to Fitness Home Gym Intervals. That DVD has 1-1/2 minute cardio intervals, so I usually just pick one move for that amount of time - jogging, jacks, cross-country ski, just simple stuff. Then something different for the next interval.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-14, 11:19 AM  
buttons11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Yeah, my work on the rebounder is just instinctive. March in place, wider stance, narrow stance, just bouncing but changing my stance between bounces, one footed, alternating feet, up on my toes, changing the angle of my feet between bounces ( // to \\ ), bent knees, straight legs, keeping my feet on the mat with really low bounces, bouncing higher so my feet are all the way off the mat, etc..

ETA: I find that I'm getting on my rebounder whenever I feel restless and need to move, but don't have the freedom to leave the house.

Mostly I just enjoy the music on my MP3 player.
Well of course Bunny Hop can rock the freestyle on the rebounder!! .This is what I do...not thinking of it as a dedicated workout. Just a chance to move. I find even those times I don't feel well enough to get myself together for an outside walk, I can easily do a bit on my rebounder here & there. I also noticed recently that since I don't drive much since I retired I don't listen to much music anymore. Bouncing to tunes gets me back to music that makes me happy. Plus I can do this without disturbing my anxious lil dog. Oh and another bonus, I have no problems hopping barefoot. My feet HATE wearing shoes.
I do have my eye on 30-Minutes to Fitness Home Gym Intervals so I can use my rebounder like laurajhawk...looks like fun

Edit: to OP I can't specifically say I've lost weight due to rebounding. Yet at my Dr appointment last week I found I lost 11 pound since last year. I am pretty happy about that loss considering how ill I've been with this asthma. Although I aspired to maintain my fitness with kettlebells, yoga & dance, my asthma had other plans. I found that walking and bouncing were the activities I could manage to fit around my asthma attacks in a way that made me feel better rather than worse. And doc says I have great lung capacity and quickly attributed that to the exercise. Whoohoo!
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prolapse, rebounder friendly, rebounding, successful weight loss