Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-14, 11:46 PM  
mzzmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I've done it twice, and used my rebounder and played my own music. Love it.

I * despised * this workout when I did it as is. Using my own music changed everything.
Good idea using the rebounder!!! I think I will resort to using that if I get the dvd. I believe my treadmill, elliptical and one of my exercise bikes may be damaged because my basement flooded knee high earlier today!
mzzmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 08:25 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Funny! I don't even remember the music, although I rarely do, unless it's really bad (IMHO) or really good (also IMHO). Music is such an individual preference anyway. I will have to do this workout this weekend to listen to it again.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 09:08 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Funny! I don't even remember the music, although I rarely do, unless it's really bad (IMHO) or really good (also IMHO). Music is such an individual preference anyway. I will have to do this workout this weekend to listen to it again.
I don't remember anything about the music either. I started listening for the audio tones that Kelly would listen for to know when the time was up. The music was just a beat in the background.
Old 08-12-14, 09:24 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

another HGI fan

Count me in as another fan of Home Gym Intervals. I do this workout 3x weekly and would do it more often but I have to force myself to so something else for fear of burning out.

I love using my stair stepper now and I even hula hoop sometimes during the cardio intervals. My favorite premix is doing all of the strength intervals together.

It's a unique workout in my collection. I think Kelly could do an entire program based on use of home gym equipment and make her mark.
Old 10-06-14, 02:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving Thread from Summer...

I had been wanting try this one since it came out. From the previews, I really liked the look of the strength work, and I was excited to be able to use my recumbent bike.

I didn't have any luck with trades, but after selling off a few things, I had enough money in my PayPal account to buy it from Mary. Well, I did both workouts this past week, and I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. I did really like the weighted moves, but what I didn't like was having the cardio intervals after every single weight set! I thought it would be more like Kelly's other interval workouts--i.e., you'd do a few strength moves, then a cardio interval, then go back to strength, I guess more like T.L.C. I also didn't like that the equipment was used for both the warm-up AND the cool-down; it just got so boring and repetitive to me!

Anyone else feel the same way about this one? I am glad there is an "all dumbbells" premix; hopefully, I will like that enough to keep the DVD. I'm hoping that maybe a few of the other premixes have a bit less cardio as well, but from the names, I don't think so.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 07:39 PM  
margaux

I did not expect to like this one very much but preordered as I always do with KCM. I also thought i would do the cardio "freestyle" using no treadmill,etc. but I tried it on my treadmill and loved it! I found myself running with every cardio interval (my usual on treadmill is fast walk) I also really like the switches between cardio and weights. I have used it consistently since receiving it and count it among my favorite dvds.
margaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 08:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
YES. This is the fastest moving workout ever. The time FLIES and if you combine both 30 minute workouts, it flies faster. LOVE this workout. I use my spin bike between the strength intervals.
I do think the time went by quickly for both workouts. Unfortunately, though, I did keep having to pause the DVD--my bike is across the room from my TV, and I didn't have enough time to hop off, get back, and pick up the weights before Kelly started on the set, so I kept having to pause and back up.

I really wanted this DVD so that I could use my bike more, but since it's just a no frills recumbent bike (i.e., it doesn't have hills or anything like that), I'm finding it kind of boring. If I had a rebounder, I'm sure that would be more fun, but I don't. I wish one of the background exercisers was showing floor cardio options at least.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-06-14, 08:48 PM  
bfit

When I first got this one I thought I would do the cardio intervals with Leslie Sansone style "walking", but I quickly realized the cardio sections were too long for that, and I got bored quickly. I've done it with my exercise bike and with my rebounder though, and I like those a lot better.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 08:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

bfit, I did "walking" for the cool-down of the 2nd workout. I bet I'd like the DVD a lot more if Kelly had done non-machine warm-up and cool-downs, especially since I usually really like her warm-ups.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-06-14, 08:52 PM  
edensmom

How long are the intervals? Can you jog in place/do low jacks, hamstring curls,etc?

Eta: just saw bfit's post.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home gym intervals, kcm