Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-16-14, 08:58 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Anyone use Chromecast for Streaming?

I am considering Chromecast to stream workouts from my Android phone to the TV. I don't have a laptop and can't use my iPad because it is first generation and doesn't support Google Chrome. I would like to know if anyone here has any experience with Chromecast specifically with streaming workouts. I need to somehow get the MyYogaPro sessions onto my TV.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 09:29 PM  
sunday

Can't you just connect your Android to the tv via a cable? I know I can do that if I need to, even though I use my iPad.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 09:54 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Deana:
I guess I could use a cable but I think a wireless setup would be better.
Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 06:21 AM  
Zenara25

Today is a busy day and it's been a few months since I set mine up on my iPad, and don't have time to test. I believe you need to install the Chromecast App from the google play store. Then using Google Chrome (which is probably the default browser on an android phone) you click on the Chromecast button (a little rectangle with a wifi signal on the bottom left corner) which is located somewhere in the android phone browser. You may not be able to do this with the Google Chrome browser on a tablet/phone though and may only work on a laptop Hope I'm wrong. You probably can using the Netflix App, Youtube App, etc.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 07:20 AM  
Kellie

I use it and love it. DH set it up for me, so I'm no help there, but I use it with my iPad.
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 12:47 PM  
aktse

There is an article on Wired on how to do it.
aktse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 01:12 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

I use Chromecast for youtube workouts. Both my samsung phone and samsung tablet are android (vers. 2.3 and 4.0) and work equally well as a remote. Best $35 I ever spent on a fitness related device.

eta: not sure if my yoga pro will stream through chromecast.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 01:26 PM  
Zenara25

I don't have an android device but I was reading through some forums and it 'may' work if you update the android phones Chrome browser to the latest version or install the Chrome Beta. And of course you'd need the Chromecast App as well.

Not working for my iPad 4 unless I use a specific app designed to work such as Netflix, Youtube etc.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 02:41 PM  
jenn38

I purchased Chromecast to use for Cathe Live and MyYogaPro. I could not get it to work for either site. I could get YouTube no problem. Chromecast was easy to set up but wanted a google cast extension that I was unable to download to my ipad. I bought the adapter and could get it to mirror my ipad to the screen but not play. My husband went and bought me AppleTv instead. So now I have a Chromecast that I can not return to Best Buy.
Old 06-17-14, 05:57 PM  
Loriann

I use it for Cathe's streaming. I have an android phone with the chromecast app. DH set up the chromecast device but said it was very easy just giving it a name and password, etc.

I go to the app on my phone and see that it locates the chromecast device then go to Cathe's site, find the video I want, hit play with full screen, locate the little chromecast icon in the upper left hand corner, click on it and Cathe is filling my large screen on the tv. It also worked on our laptop using the chrome extension, but our laptop is old and didn't stream well.

Chromecast works great for YouTube as well.

Lori

Tags
tablet