Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-14, 10:29 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
I'm a little jealous right now about HGI, and as usual starting to regret I didn't buy it even though I don't have any cardio equipment at all!

For those who have done it, about how long are the cardio intervals? I had thought about using my battle ropes for the cardio, but that won't work for me if the intervals are much more than 2 minutes.
Dela, like you, I have no cardio equipment. Some VF'ers were talking about ordering this one to use with the rebounder and now you mentioned battle ropes. I might have to purchase this one to use with my rebounder, step, and/or battle ropes. Maybe I could position the equipment so I could rotate using each of them for different intervals during the workout.

I wonder if kettlebell moves (swings, cleans, high pulls, or snatches) would be too much for an interval.
Old 05-27-14, 10:42 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Kelly mentioned doing jumping jacks for the cardio intervals as well. Just so it's 90 seconds of "all out" work she said that is fine.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 12:50 PM  
PrairieGem

I haven't ordered it yet, but I was planning on doing 90 second intervals of general cardio moves--a la Breathless Body (jumping jacks, squat jumps, skater leaps, running in place, etc) That's what I've done in the past with paper workouts that assume you'll be doing part of it on the treadmill (???). I've done so many cardio videos over the years, it's not hard for me to come up with x-many different moves to fit in an interval workout. (I think Cindy Whitmarsh's Ten Days workouts trained me well for this!)
Old 05-27-14, 03:24 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Muscle Up

I did the first workout, as well as Legs & Glutes add on for the second time.

Liked Muscle Up very much. Rob is a nice addition to the crew and so cute! Kelly has a lot of fun with him during workout one. I'm not sure Marcus gets picked on as much in HGI.

Those arnold presses are killer with heavier weights, and I was always behind everyone else.

Looking forward to trying out workout two in a few days! Have to give equal time to HGI and MU, as both are going to become favorites very quickly!

Pam

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 05:04 PM  
bubbles76

Just want to add I'm jealous of everyone
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 06:12 PM  
BigBadBetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I started to post that I'm bummed about the FB premixes being so long. But I'm not sure what the "fixes" are. ("s/b mix"? what does that mean?) Can anyone post details on those? And what's "first set pump"? I hope some of those are full-body premixes.

I'll probably get mine on Tuesday too.
I did the first fix. It is a shorter full body workout that includes the 10 minute ab workout. I wish it had less abs. I don't need that much time dedicated to ab work in such a short (35 minute) workout. The time really flew until the ab part. Can you tell I hate ab work?

I think I will like the 49-minute full body workout. I watched it at 120 times speed after doing fix 1.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 06:18 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Betty, abs are not my favorite (in most cases) but I like what Kelly comes up with. She's very creative, and I've always appreciated what she's done on her other workouts. I hate getting on the floor (and much prefer standing abs!)

DH says my trouble zone is my abs, so I *need* to work them or eat less food.

Pam

April Focus:
Old 05-27-14, 06:25 PM  
PrairieGem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
DH says my trouble zone is my abs, so I *need* to work them or eat less food.
Have you helpfully mentioned to DH that *his* trouble zone is his mouth?
Old 05-27-14, 06:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

Gem,

Like, like, like!

April Focus:
Old 05-27-14, 07:29 PM  
afirmrose

Mine came today Kelly. She emailed me to verify my address.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, hgi, home gym intervals, kcm, kelly coffey-meyer, muscle up, review