Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-14, 07:12 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Did all weight premix and Waistline workout. Both were great! Fun!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-14, 11:38 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I got mine today. I skimmed through the intervals so I could get an idea how much time I would have between machine and weights. I used an elliptical so I had plenty of time since it stops when I stop! I did the premix that includes both workouts and found it very challenging. I haven't used the elliptical for awhile, and it was tough for me. I think the treadmill would have been easier and I intend to try it the next time I travel and use the TM in the hotel exercise room.

The workouts consist of alternating 1 1/2 minute intervals on the machine of your choice (or jumping jacks if you aren't using a machine---one of Kelly's suggestions) with roughly a minute of standing weight work. I only used 8 lb dumbbells since this was my first time through, but I think I will up it the next time, at least for some of the work.

I feel I got a great workout and it did move quickly. Kelly was very motivating as usual although I tended to watch Lori more during the interval segments since she was using the same equipment that I was. There is definitely room to grow since I was at the lowest setting on the elliptical, and it's different from any DVD that I have. At the end of this premix is the 'waistline' segment that is standing ab work and plank work. If I had anything negative to say it would be that there wasn't a stretch segment at the end. There may be one on the individual workouts, but not on this premix. I stretched on my own as I felt I needed it. All in all I'm really glad I got this workout. I will get a lot of use out of it.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 05:07 AM  
horusosiris

I received mine yesterday too! I am going to preview both of them before I do them.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 01:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Tried the Bonus Abs workout, as well as Legs & Glutes from Muscle Up today! The ab work was fun, four rounds of multiple exercises that are not all the same old thing. There are some fresh moves that make it fun and different. Also liked the leg workout, but wish it had been longer.

Kelly and crew have a good time during the outtakes. Enjoyed seeing everyone laugh, smile, and joke around.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 02:15 PM  
dela

I did workout #1, Chest, Back and Shoulders. This was just what I needed today. I have been feeling pretty fatigued lately so the thought of a metabolic style or sandbag workout today was not appealing. So I popped this one in, and I loved it, the time flew, I LOVE the 8 rep sets, and going heavy made it challenging, I was really sweaty from this one. I played my own music, so can't comment on that. The only exercise I changed slightly was she opens with bent over rows, and I prefer using a barbell for those over dumbbells. On the first set of Arnold Presses, Kelly sped up the reps considerably after the 5th rep, I would have preferred the slower pace, but I could tell she did it because she needed to get through them, she was using 20's and i guess the fatigue just set in.

The sets were all supersets of 2 exercises done for either 2 or 3 rounds. The first 3 supersets were back and chest, the next 3 were shoulders and core.

I felt as if I will be able to do the second workout on a day when my energy levels are normal, but for days when i don't have much time, or just not feeling up to a full hour, this dvd is going to be great.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 02:20 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Tried the Bonus Abs workout, as well as Legs & Glutes from Muscle Up today! The ab work was fun, four rounds of multiple exercises that are not all the same old thing. There are some fresh moves that make it fun and different. Also liked the leg workout, but wish it had been longer.
I did the Legs and Glutes premix from Muscle Up this morning and agree that it was good, but I wish it had been longer. I ended up doing it 2 1/2 times to make it a 30 minute workout. The actual workout was only about 13 minutes so I'll use it as an add-on or do it the way I did it today and go through it twice. I liked the workout a lot, though. I was able to use heavy weights and my legs were definitely fatigued. I'm going to do the Shoulders and Arms premix later. Kelly looks fantastic in this workout.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 04:06 PM  
jenn38

I did Muscle Up the total body premix 2 sets. Loved it. Although I did have to pause to change weights, love the idea of the barbell rows will have to keep that in mind for next time.
Old 05-25-14, 07:09 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Would someone please post the premixes and times? I am curious as mine won't be here 'til Tuesday if I'm lucky. Thanks!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 07:36 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Would someone please post the premixes and times? I am curious as mine won't be here 'til Tuesday if I'm lucky. Thanks!
Abs - 15 min
Full body, both w/o's and abs - 67
shorter full body, 2 sets of all exercises - 49
shoulder, arm & abs - 39
Chest & back - 19
Legs & glutes - 19
quick super set fix 1 - 37
quick super set fix 2 - 35
muscle up first set pump - 29

Not sure what 'fix' means. Maybe s/b mix? And Kelly looks her best ever.
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 09:55 PM  
laurajhawk

I started to post that I'm bummed about the FB premixes being so long. But I'm not sure what the "fixes" are. ("s/b mix"? what does that mean?) Can anyone post details on those? And what's "first set pump"? I hope some of those are full-body premixes.

I'll probably get mine on Tuesday too.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy

Last edited by laurajhawk; 05-25-14 at 09:58 PM. Reason: not sure that I'm right
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, hgi, home gym intervals, kcm, kelly coffey-meyer, muscle up, review