Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-14, 04:00 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I'm in! Thanks for this thread! I hope it will help with my slow- wise buy this year, I do have a small wish list coming from 2013 , but I'd like not add more to it. Most of the Dvds I bought on 2013 have multiples workouts, so I should be able to do a whole rotation with them this year.

I also like the rule about having $10 a month, and using virgins dvds, why to buy more if you have virgin dvds to try?!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 04:58 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Though I won't be joining the check-in, I am most definitely committed to no or slow buying in 2014.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 05:29 PM  
that_tori_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Though I won't be joining the check-in, I am most definitely committed to no or slow buying in 2014.
Same here. Though my wallet probably NEEDS me join, I think baby steps for me is the way to go for me. I need to experiment with my limits, lol.

My hat is off to all who do join, though! I'll probably end up lurking and drawing inspiration whenever I find myself wavering and having a weak "BUY!BUY!BUY!" moment.
Old 01-01-14, 11:32 PM  
Arielle96

I'm in!!

Fortunately right now there isn't anything new that I am interested in.

I will allow myself to purchase any new Denise Austin's as I am on a DA kick right now. Other than that I'm good
Arielle96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 11:53 PM  
ellaenchanted

I have been pretty good about slow buying fitness stuff for the past 2 to 3 year because I have everything I need. I do sell things periodically to weed out and update my collection with new dvds or accessories.

However, I have decided to go on a low/no buy in general. I am not buying any new makeup and really minimizing clothing and shoe purchases. I want to get my grad school loans off my back and buy a new house. I realized that my actions needed to match my desires. An, honestly, I have so much that I won't suffer one bit using what I have already.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 06:04 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Helen, you were our rock last year! So glad that you've graduated from the program. I didn't know you were so petite at 4'10". That is about my mother's height. I bet you have very tiny shoes. I always loved her tiny feet; it seemed she was always able to get the best shoes.

As for me, I hit every goal last year, .
Thanks for the rock comment, but the truth is that I just have so many I can't even vaguely justify any more.

I do have small feet, size 3 in US joggers, so shoes are actually very hard to get. Runners come from the children's range only, women's fashion shoes often don't bother making my size, so when I find a good pair, I keep them in good condition, and for a long time.

Awesome that you made all your goals last year!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 06:44 AM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

I pledge every other year to these things and the irony is I end up caving early when I do participate, yet end up spending considerably less the years I decide not to. What can I say, I am a classic case of reverse psychology.

Luckily for me, I just when on a binge and purchased Ruthless, some new Toniques and reactivated my gym membership before the year ended, so I should be good for awhile. Prior to my splurges in November and December, I probably went 9 months without a purchase, so it can be done. I also used some gift cards and credits for my purchases, so I don't feel entirely guilty about it either.

I am going to pledge between now and summertime (say June 1st), I won't be buying any new workouts or equipment. I want to try out my purchases and possibly even declutter my collection.

Now let's see how good I can be this year.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compulsive buying, no buy, no slow wise buy, slow buy, wise buy