Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-13, 06:04 AM  
Helen

I'm pretty sure that the only thing I bought this year was Amy Bento's ASC5, which was on my original exception list - it's wrapped under the Christmas tree, untouched since it arrived. No trades either.

The purchases prior to ASC5 were XTrain (preorder July 2012) along with CTX on sale for $25, To The Max & AfterBurn - all at the same time. The box sat untouched until Christmas last year.

I won't join the checkin though - Given the above, I think I've reached graduation.

Not sure about Bubbles, but I did make my goal of 100 virgins this year, and still working on them.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-13, 07:34 AM  
mandie123

I should add my exceptions are trades and Leslie Sansone,for some reason I have to get everything she comes out with.But no systems,or more barre! At least I'am going to try!!!
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-13, 07:57 AM  
bubbles76

Yea! So glad we got so many to want to sign up! And for those that are cautious, this is also a Wise/Slow buy challenge . So it doesn't have to be cold turkey. This could just be a challenge for you to make wiser, slower buyer decisions. Not to jump on every bandwagon, or compulsively shop. I know there were quite a few workouts that I wanted, but could not spend the cash. I waited and was able to get them through gift cards, selling other dvds, using rewards points, or simply through trade.

Helen, you were our rock last year! So glad that you've graduated from the program. I didn't know you were so petite at 4'10". That is about my mother's height. I bet you have very tiny shoes. I always loved her tiny feet; it seemed she was always able to get the best shoes.

As for me, I hit every goal last year, including hitting my 100 virgin workout total I still have a way to go, and definitely plan on incorporating the 100 virgin workout challenge to my wise buying challenge this year. I could never make it a no buy; I have too many virgins to go through, and know I'll be selling or trading or giving away those I don't like. Plus, there are quite a few I want this year.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-13, 09:54 AM  
JustSandra

I'm in, too!

This year I spent $436 on fitness-related items (almost all DVDs). While that's an improvement over some years in the not-too-distant past (when I spent over $1,000! ), I can still do much, much better considering I already have an extensive, well-balanced collection. Also, like some others have noted, I've been disappointed with many of my most recent acquisitions.

My slow/wise buying goal for 2014 is to only purchase any new Classical Stretch or Essentrics DVDs, and that's it. That will basically be the upcoming Classical Stretch Season 10 and any new Essentrics titles that appeal to me (I don't know what Sahra and Miranda have planned).

I don't need any more Leslie or barre or yoga or........

That said, VF trading is allowed, along with birthday gifts, etc.

Bubbles, thanks for starting this thread!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-13, 10:41 AM  
pcdoctor01

This year, I bought some green SPRI 3lb free weights, resistance band, weighted gloves and 4lb medicine ball. You did good if you normally spend over $1000. I'm glad that I actually didn't buy another treadmill or an elliptical to replace my broken treadmill. After discovering YouTube workouts like HASfit and BeFit in 90, I'm finding it hard to buy DVDs.

+1 Bubbles, thanks for starting this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
I'm in, too!

This year I spent $436 on fitness-related items (almost all DVDs). While that's an improvement over some years in the not-too-distant past (when I spent over $1,000! ),
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-13, 10:42 AM  
SpiritSong

I'm in. I did pretty well last year, mostly because I stopped working out and therefore could not possibly justify any purchases. I will be no buy at the beginning of 2014 as DH is out of work, and I hope to transition to slow buy very soon (not because I need anything -- I just want DH to be employed!).

In the meantime, I have all the DVDs I could possibly need, and I look forward to using them all in 2014.
Old 12-24-13, 11:21 AM  
bubbles76

SpiritSong I hope your husband finds a job quickly. Sending good vibes your way.

I did not count equipment purchases last year. I think I only bought assorted dumbbells, a foam roller, and pinkie balls. I would like a new yoga mat and workout sneakers.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 12-24-13, 11:43 AM  
bearcatfan

I have participated in these threads before, and they can quickly turn into the biggest enabling thread on the forum.

Poster Number One: I saw that xyz workout is coming out. I'm sort of interested, but I'm going to wait for reviews. I probably don't need it anyway since I'm cutting back.

Poster Number Two: xyz workout is coming out? Really? Are there clips out? I really don't need it, but I am curious.

Poster Number Three: Wow, those clips look good!

And so on .....
Old 01-01-14, 02:56 PM  
bubbles76

I've started the "Budget Buying" Checkin Come on over!
Old 01-01-14, 03:13 PM  
Footballnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
I have participated in these threads before, and they can quickly turn into the biggest enabling thread on the forum.

Poster Number One: I saw that xyz workout is coming out. I'm sort of interested, but I'm going to wait for reviews. I probably don't need it anyway since I'm cutting back.

Poster Number Two: xyz workout is coming out? Really? Are there clips out? I really don't need it, but I am curious.

Poster Number Three: Wow, those clips look good!

And so on .....
LOL. I would likely be poster #2. I haven't posted on this thread, because I am doubting my ability to stick with not buying. As soon as I hear something I have been salivating over goes on sale, well........that's all she wrote.

Tags
compulsive buying, no buy, no slow wise buy, slow buy, wise buy