Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-13, 10:29 AM  
Gams

It just seems odd that some were mailed in padded envelopes and some were not. Maybe Gin just likes me more than some of you???
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 10:50 AM  
mtngoat

I didn't order, but am still gobsmacked about this! (To borrow a phrase from our British friends.)

To me, there is a world of difference between sticking a label directly on the cellophane vs. wrapping in yellow paper. Padding is nice, but privacy is essential! Plus if the cellophane/DVD case cracked in the cold at least (hopefully) the paper would hold everything together.

Honestly, if I got a DVD with the label on the cellophane I would think Canada Customs was having a little fun at my expense!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 09:23 AM  
Gams

Here's the response I got:

"Sorry for the delay… appreciate you letting us know. Here’s what I found out. From Gin: oops. The intern sent them as I showed her to send the KP ones over the summer. Won't happen again. My apologies.
Mary"
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 10:41 AM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2bfirm View Post
I purchased the original step video from Gin Miller. I'm quite shocked at how the DVD was shipped to me. No box, no envelope, they just slapped a mailing label on the DVD. I've never seen anyone do this. Anyone else?
As I'm sure a lot of vidiots would agree that would mess up the cover! What if you had a hard time getting the sticker off? I'm OCD about my DVDs. I want them close to flawless. Especially if they come to you brand spanking new!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 05:41 PM  
txfitmom

Strange question, but did anyone receive an extra DVD that was marked as a gift? I just now opened my package (luckily the 2 DVDs I ordered were in an envelope) and stuck between the two I ordered was another DVD that said gift. Not sure if they were giving away DVDs or what, but I guess if it is a gift I will keep it!!

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 05:43 PM  
Elise7

As I'm sure a lot of vidiots would agree that would mess up the cover! What if you had a hard time getting the sticker off? I'm OCD about my DVDs. I want them close to flawless. Especially if they come to you brand spanking new!

I just received my 1 DVD and the label was stuck to the cellophane wrap of the DVD. I wasn't too happy about it, but getting off the label wasn't a problem b/c it was just on the cellophane wrap.
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 07:11 PM  
firmaniac

...glad it was just an 'oops', then. The last used dvd I bought through Amazon came just in shrink wrap w/ the shipping label on that. It came from a Goodwill in TN through Amazon. I was surprised. I assumed they do it to save money (since it was Goodwill), but won't order used again if it originates from them. The case was crushed in one corner, but the disc was playable.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM

Last edited by firmaniac; 12-13-13 at 07:12 PM. Reason: typed 'video', meant 'dvd'
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 06:03 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Just wanted to come back and say that my DVDs arrived very well wrapped. I put a note with my order to ask for padding inside the cases. This did not happen however the DVDs were firmly wrapped in bubble wrap and covered firmly in a thin but seriously strong outer wrap. The wrapping was so firm anything touching it would have bounced off the package. I imagine customs looking at that and saying 'forget it!'
The postage on the package was a lot cheaper than the postage I paid however I did receive much (handling) for my package so all is good.

I agree, stickers on packages and lack of privacy is not good.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gin miller