Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-26-13, 10:23 AM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I also do this premix or the one time through premix if I'm rushed for time. I just can't do it as filmed (twice through everything) for some reason without it having a dread factor.

Edited to add: I also love Cardio Supersets for days I'm just not feeling like a super intense workout. Crossfire also has a "less impact" premix that's about 50 minutes and fun (not too much jumping but lots of variety).

Kathy G
Thanks for your input Kathy! Good to know all my options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
I love both Afterburn and Flex Train.... Afterburn leaves me breathless if I do it as is - and I modify some of the disc work. I absolutely LOVE Flex Train... it's awesome. So I am no help but I can say Afterburn has some nice premixes and good chaptering. Flex Train has a few premixes but I usually do it as is. It is a bit more upper body than lower.
You're making want to just get both, lol.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 03:44 PM  
Bluebelle

Old Nov thread

I finally got a Cathe workout. Have worked out with videos for years but have never tried a Cathe workout. I got Afterburn based on the good reviews & I loved it! I modified it down to a more intermediate level (plus I don't have the disks) but it's such a great workout even with a few modifications. Cathe is so fun & motivating to workout with. I can see now why she's so popular.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 05:46 PM  
Footballnut

I'm a little new to Cathe. I guess she offers a deal of the day every day? All year long? What about the coupons? Is that an every day thing too?
Footballnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 07:05 PM  
nairie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
I finally got a Cathe workout. Have worked out with videos for years but have never tried a Cathe workout. I got Afterburn based on the good reviews & I loved it! I modified it down to a more intermediate level (plus I don't have the disks) but it's such a great workout even with a few modifications. Cathe is so fun & motivating to workout with. I can see now why she's so popular.

Afterburn is one of my favorite Cathes!! I discovered her on VF years ago and I think she's one of the best! So glad you liked Afterburn!! So that was your first Cathe DVD? Whcih one you getting next? We can recommend you tons of her stuff!! Just ask and we will enable away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
I'm a little new to Cathe. I guess she offers a deal of the day every day? All year long? What about the coupons? Is that an every day thing too?
Hi Footballnut (your avatar is so cute!) Not sure about her daily deals/coupons but what DVDs of hers do you have so far?

? have to update/365
nairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 07:36 PM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Yes she has a deal of the day every day all year long. She always seems to have the 15% off one. And other coupons seem to change a little usually based on buying multiple DVDs at a time.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 07:49 PM  
Bluebelle

Quote:
Hi Nairie,

That's a great question! It's overwhelming to decide. I was thinking maybe Cardio Supersets or Supercuts. I'm so glad I found VF. This site is so helpful. Afterburn had been on my wish list a long time & this thread & a few others helped me decide to finally give it & Cathe a try.
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 08:25 PM  
beth22

Afterburn is KILLER. No matter how hard I workout, that dvd will make my butt sore for days! It's incredibly intense and has a much larger cardio effect that Flextrain. They're very different workouts, in my opinion. I adore Supercuts and do it often, but Afterburn is my go-to "killer Cathe workout." No impact, but incredibly intense. (It actually has a pretty big dread-factor for me.) I can't do a lot of high impact anymore because I workout on crappy carpet that's on top of concrete and my back jacks up really easily so when I want an intense, DOMS-inducing workout, I go to Afterburn now.

ETA: if you like Supercuts but don't want to venture into "Cathe crazy-land" I'd go with Cardio Supersets. I do that one often and it's a slightly lighter version of Afterburn. Not as intense and doesn't make my butt as sore as Afterburn, but still an excellent workout and more on par with Supercuts.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 08:32 PM  
Footballnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairie View Post
Hi Footballnut (your avatar is so cute!) Not sure about her daily deals/coupons but what DVDs of hers do you have so far?
Oh my husband was sooooo good to me for Christmas. He bought me LIS, STS, X-train and some step workouts more intermediate levels. I made my list and he got me everything on it. I am a little intimidated, since I have just gotten back into working out about a month ago after a 2-year roller-coaster ride.
Footballnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 09:43 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth22 View Post
Afterburn is KILLER. No matter how hard I workout, that dvd will make my butt sore for days! It's incredibly intense and has a much larger cardio effect that Flextrain. They're very different workouts, in my opinion. I adore Supercuts and do it often, but Afterburn is my go-to "killer Cathe workout." No impact, but incredibly intense. (It actually has a pretty big dread-factor for me.) I can't do a lot of high impact anymore because I workout on crappy carpet that's on top of concrete and my back jacks up really easily so when I want an intense, DOMS-inducing workout, I go to Afterburn now.

ETA: if you like Supercuts but don't want to venture into "Cathe crazy-land" I'd go with Cardio Supersets. I do that one often and it's a slightly lighter version of Afterburn. Not as intense and doesn't make my butt as sore as Afterburn, but still an excellent workout and more on par with Supercuts.
Thanks for your input! I ended up getting AfterBurn, but have not attempted it yet. I'm afraid, lol. Next order, I will consider FlexTrain and Cardio Supersets.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-13, 10:38 PM  
nairie

Quote:
Hi Nairie,

That's a great question! It's overwhelming to decide. I was thinking maybe Cardio Supersets or Supercuts. I'm so glad I found VF. This site is so helpful. Afterburn had been on my wish list a long time & this thread & a few others helped me decide to finally give it & Cathe a try.

Bluebelle! I'm glad you found VF too! This place is beyond amazing, knowledgeable and costly!! Afterburn is killer! Many here (including me) consider Cardio supersets like "Afterburn-light" so I think you'd like that. Plus of has a 20ish minute bonus step workout. (I don't have a step so I do it without one). Supercuts is good too! I've only done it a few times, kinda easier (but u can definately make it more intense). I LOVE Cathes lower body workouts too!

Quote:
Oh my husband was sooooo good to me for Christmas. He bought me LIS, STS, X-train and some step workouts more intermediate levels. I made my list and he got me everything on it. I am a little intimidated, since I have just gotten back into working out about a month ago after a 2-year roller-coaster ride.
Thats so awesome your husband got you all those Cathe DVDs for Christmas!! I know it may be overwhelming at first but once you go through all the awesome workouts u got, you'll love them and have fun rotating them!!

? have to update/365
nairie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flex train