Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-25-13, 11:08 PM  
nairie

Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutjunkie View Post
Just watched clips of this again...I'm tempted. Very tempted...
I just know if you buy Afterburn, you won't regret it! It is such a great workout. You can go heavy or light or split it up. So thorough!!

Buy it now!!!

? have to update/365
nairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-13, 11:13 PM  
Fitstick

I kind of like Flextrain better, maybe because Cathe is not killing me with those gliding burpee like moves!. really, you can't go wrong with either!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-13, 06:33 AM  
gigi

I agree with the consensus on Flextrain and Afterburn. I DO enjoy Flextrain and don't feel it's a waste of time at all. BUT Afterburn is a highly intense workout without impact and I LOVE that about Afterburn. I wish the music in Afterburn was more motivating. That is my only complaint. I think both are good choices and will depend on how intense you want your workout to be. I'm watching for PH/MIS/BodyMax and Pure Strength to go on sale.
Old 11-26-13, 06:34 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairie View Post
I just know if you buy Afterburn, you won't regret it! It is such a great workout. You can go heavy or light or split it up. So thorough!!

Buy it now!!!
There are better premix options on Afterburn for sure. When I was coming back from illness I stopped halfway and did the other half on another day. I could have done the one set of everything premix to cut the time and intensity in half as well.
Old 11-26-13, 06:41 AM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
There are better premix options on Afterburn for sure. When I was coming back from illness I stopped halfway and did the other half on another day. I could have done the one set of everything premix to cut the time and intensity in half as well.
Good to know - thanks! I appreciate your input on both workouts. They have some more good deals today, but not the ones you mentioned. Those are oldies but goodies, hope they go on sale for you!

Gigi - I don't know if you saw my other thread about Cross Train Express. What are your thoughts on that series? It is selling for $25 today and I'm on the fence.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-13, 06:52 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutjunkie View Post
Good to know - thanks! I appreciate your input on both workouts. They have some more good deals today, but not the ones you mentioned. Those are oldies but goodies, hope they go on sale for you!

Gigi - I don't know if you saw my other thread about Cross Train Express. What are your thoughts on that series? It is selling for $25 today and I'm on the fence.
I haven't done it in a while but the cardio is intense, solid and varied and it is nice for when you want a rotation you don't have to think about. Tried and true classic and a steal at $25.00. You get short, varied, intense cardio (a lot of step though) followed by one upper body focused weight workout. There are a few ab workouts as well. You also get the all upper body with it and there is a lower body workout that is killer and a lower body circuit in one of the cardio's. You get it all in a 5 day rotation.
Old 11-26-13, 06:58 AM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I haven't done it in a while but the cardio is intense, solid and varied and it is nice for when you want a rotation you don't have to think about. Tried and true classic and a steal at $25.00. You get short, varied, intense cardio (a lot of step though) followed by one upper body focused weight workout. There are a few ab workouts as well. You also get the all upper body with it and there is a lower body workout that is killer and a lower body circuit in one of the cardio's. You get it all in a 5 day rotation.
Yeah, sounds like you get a lot of bang for your buck, even if you don't like/use everything. I procrastinated on getting it yesterday, looked at lots of clips of it (and Afterburn and FlexTrain...) and wound up ordering nothing. I told myself when I went to bed that if it still happened to be on sale the next morning then I'd get it, and sure enough it was, oops. So now I guess I have to get it, lol. I wish Afterburn had happened to be a Daily Deal too. Maybe it still will be. I don't expect FlexTrain to be since it's new. Anyway, thanks for all your input!
Old 11-26-13, 06:59 AM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I kind of like Flextrain better, maybe because Cathe is not killing me with those gliding burpee like moves!. really, you can't go wrong with either!
Those do look killer!
Old 11-26-13, 08:12 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes View Post
I'm also a runner and I'm totally into tough workouts, but there's something about Afterburn that just slays me. I therefore believe it's worth having , but truthfully, I find myself avoiding it! I think the structure is tough psychologically - for me, it's much easier if I do the premix that goes through the exercises once all the way through and then repeats the whole sequence.

Lurdes
I also do this premix or the one time through premix if I'm rushed for time. I just can't do it as filmed (twice through everything) for some reason without it having a dread factor.

Edited to add: I also love Cardio Supersets for days I'm just not feeling like a super intense workout. Crossfire also has a "less impact" premix that's about 50 minutes and fun (not too much jumping but lots of variety).

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-13, 08:33 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I love both Afterburn and Flex Train.... Afterburn leaves me breathless if I do it as is - and I modify some of the disc work. I absolutely LOVE Flex Train... it's awesome. So I am no help but I can say Afterburn has some nice premixes and good chaptering. Flex Train has a few premixes but I usually do it as is. It is a bit more upper body than lower.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flex train