Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-13, 03:58 PM  
workoutjunkie

I lied...if I like Super Cuts, should I go with Flex Train or Afterburn?

I said I wouldn't ask another Cathe question, but if I just get Cathe's Cross Train Express (Daily Deal) with shipping, it'd be about $26.

If I also get the firewalker loops and resistance band ($5.50 each), I'm up to $40.

I can get another $20ish DVD and get free shipping so my total would be about $50. So for $10 more I can get another DVD. I haven't done my proper research to figure out which DVD I would want. I'm thinking FlexTrain, but I also don't have Afterburn. Any thoughts?

I like XTrain Super Cuts, so thought I might like FlexTrain to go with it. I don't have any of the cardio/metabolic type workouts from the Low Impact Series, I was leaning towards Afterburn because it didn't require a step. (I only have a high step and don't like to modify a lot.)

I know To the Max and Crossfire workouts are faves, but reading the description makes me tired, lol.

I was considering MMA Boxing, but I just pre-ordered Susan Chung's new one.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-13, 04:02 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

What are you looking for in terms of intensity? Afterburn is heads and shoulders more intense than FlexTrain IMHO, and more on par with To The Max and Crossfire also IMHO.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-13, 04:05 PM  
HRCFitness

I love them both but my first choice would be Afterburn. It's a more intense workout. Now Flex Train is good but used for those days when you don't want a serious intense workout. I love them both, but if you can only get 1 do Afterburn you won't be sorry!
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-13, 04:05 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
What are you looking for in terms of intensity? Afterburn is heads and shoulders more intense than FlexTrain IMHO, and more on par with To The Max and Crossfire also IMHO.
Hmm...honestly I feel so pooped lately that high intensity doesn't sound very appealing. That makes me think I should get FlexTrain. However, I hate doing a workout and then feeling like I wasted an hour and didn't get much from it, if you know what I mean. Do you think I'd feel that way from FlexTrain?
Old 11-25-13, 04:07 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCFitness View Post
I love them both but my first choice would be Afterburn. It's a more intense workout. Now Flex Train is good but used for those days when you don't want a serious intense workout. I love them both, but if you can only get 1 do Afterburn you won't be sorry!
LOL, look at my reply to cataddict. I was typing my response to her, posted, then saw your post. *sigh* I feel rushed into making a decision and I don't know what to do!

Thanks for your input.
Old 11-25-13, 04:09 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutjunkie View Post
Hmm...honestly I feel so pooped lately that high intensity doesn't sound very appealing. That makes me think I should get FlexTrain. However, I hate doing a workout and then feeling like I wasted an hour and didn't get much from it, if you know what I mean. Do you think I'd feel that way from FlexTrain?
I don't think FlexTrain is a waste of time or "easy", but it is less intense than Afterburn. And I hear you---I have a ton of superhard workouts and sometimes I just need to mix something in that doesn't half kill me to finish it! From what you've said I think you're leaning toward Flex Train and that's probably a good choice for you.
Old 11-25-13, 04:11 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I don't think FlexTrain is a waste of time or "easy", but it is less intense than Afterburn. And I hear you---I have a ton of superhard workouts and sometimes I just need to mix something in that doesn't half kill me to finish it! From what you've said I think you're leaning toward Flex Train and that's probably a good choice for you.
Thank you so much for your input - I really appreciate it! I'm going to go home and order so I can stop dwelling on it.
Old 11-25-13, 04:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutjunkie View Post
LOL, look at my reply to cataddict. I was typing my response to her, posted, then saw your post. *sigh* I feel rushed into making a decision and I don't know what to do!

Thanks for your input.
lol you know you're going to get different opinions here! I like Afterburn too (actually I think it's one of the best of a pretty bad series) but if To the Max and Crossfire looked like too much for what you're looking for right now, Afterburn would be similar in intensity.
Old 11-25-13, 05:05 PM  
HRCFitness

You won't regret Flex Train either! It's a great workout as well and if you need something to grab on a lighter day but still want a great workout then this won't disappoint! Plus the abs section is really good!
HRCFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-13, 05:20 PM  
isebelleg44

The only thing Flextrain is light on is lower body. It can a pretty intense upper body workout. I never feel like it is a waste of time, that being said I would not count as a leg day.

Edited to add, that she also goes very light on chest here and only does push ups.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flex train