Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-13, 12:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Denis Austin Power Yoga every day for 9 years!! I just had to repeat that. Who knew but even that will not convince me to get a Denise Austin workout.
I know Denise can be an acquired taste around here, but I will say that out of all her workouts I've owned or tried throughout the years the only ones I've held onto are some of her yoga and Pilates DVDs. They are surprisingly solid and her voice in these is gentle, not grating.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 12:31 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I know Denise can be an acquired taste around here, but I will say that out of all her workouts I've owned or tried throughout the years the only ones I've held onto are some of her yoga and Pilates DVDs. They are surprisingly solid and her voice in these is gentle, not grating.
I have always thought pilates is where Denise really shines.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 02:16 PM  
jerebo

Well, I'm now doing the Skogg System, which is essentially four workouts repeated over and over (for the first couple of weeks, it's only one or two of them). Yes, they get longer. I've been at it for 7 weeks now and am still not sick of it!

It's not quite the same as 1-2 workout DVDs, though.
Old 11-11-13, 03:31 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I don't, but someone I work with has been doing a Denise Austin Power Yoga almost every day for 9 years! She can carry the replacement water jugs to the water cooler, lift them up, turn them over and put them on. I can only (barely) carry them to the cooler.
I can't even BEGIN to understand this behavior
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 03:35 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Very true. Her yoga workouts are surprisingly tolerable.

I can (and have) do Firm Volume 4 every day for months on end. I actually have a very high tolerance for doing the same workout over and over and over again.
Old 11-11-13, 04:00 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
I actually have a very high tolerance for doing the same workout over and over and over again.
I do too - unless I write it down in a rotation; then I won't touch it.
I am an unabashed rotation rebel.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 04:02 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
I have always thought pilates is where Denise really shines.
One of the few pilates workouts I have liked is Denise's Hit the Spot Pilates. But it drives me nuts that she can't count, and she almost never does the reps evenly on both sides.

I'm like pretty much everyone who has responded so far...I started out in the late 80s/early 90s with just a few workout tapes that I did over and over and over again. My "collection" consisted of Firm Vol. 2, Charlene Prickett's Rev Up, and Denise Austin's Complete Workout, where her reps were uneven way back then...

ETA: I am currently recovering from some minor injuries (broken toe, tendonitis, pulled lower back muscle) and can only do Leslie and PowerFit workouts...which is starting to feel like the same workout over and over and over again.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 04:06 PM  
Eibhinn

For me, the only workouts I have repeated endlessly are short add-on type things, especially for before bed. There are three that have been used disproportionately - the stretch from Soul Sweat, the floor sequence from Qi Gong Deep Sleep, and the 13 minute kettlebell workout from Lauren Brooks' first DVD, which is the only one that is actually a workout. These three are the only things I can think of that I've used multiple times per week over a long period and still use now. Yoga Shakti is another one that's up there with most uses ever, but I haven't been using it that much in the past couple of years.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 05:01 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
The last time I did that was when I only had the Firm Vol 1 & 2. I would do them day after day forever. I got amazing results. Everyone was asking me what I did tho no one took my suggestions.
Me too!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 05:22 PM  
iheartsts

Quote:
The last time I did that was when I only had the Firm Vol 1 & 2. I would do them day after day forever. I got amazing results. Everyone was asking me what I did tho no one took my suggestions.
Me too! I did them so much that I knew all the moves by heart. I even bought a cassette tape audio version of them so I could pop the tape into my cassette player and do the workout anywhere without a tv.... gosh, am I old....

Tags
leslie success, successful weight loss