Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-13, 09:43 AM  
Sara1000

Anyone do 1-2 workouts over and over?

If so, which ones? What results do you get from them?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 10:21 AM  
PhyllisG

The last time I did that was when I only had the Firm Vol 1 & 2. I would do them day after day forever. I got amazing results. Everyone was asking me what I did tho no one took my suggestions.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 10:27 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I don't, but someone I work with has been doing a Denise Austin Power Yoga almost every day for 9 years! She can carry the replacement water jugs to the water cooler, lift them up, turn them over and put them on. I can only (barely) carry them to the cooler.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 10:30 AM  
bubbles76

Back when I first got started with home workouts I did one of Jari's Get Ripped for strength and a tae bo for cardio. I was also walking. I leaned out quite a bit and increased my strength and endurance. I also got amazingly cut arms Another result: I somehow acquired over 200 fitness dvds, because once I saw that Jari and tae bo worked, I had to have more
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 10:35 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
The last time I did that was when I only had the Firm Vol 1 & 2. I would do them day after day forever. I got amazing results. Everyone was asking me what I did tho no one took my suggestions.
Yes, I was one who did Volume 1 over and over (couldn't afford to buy another VHS!). I alternated with Kim Alexis' Slim Slide for cardio, and of course I was in fantastic shape.

A few years ago I did AOS Providence followed by 25 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill and alternated with Debbie Siebers' Burn it Up and had amazing results, but that got very monotonous.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 11:20 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I don't, but someone I work with has been doing a Denise Austin Power Yoga almost every day for 9 years! She can carry the replacement water jugs to the water cooler, lift them up, turn them over and put them on. I can only (barely) carry them to the cooler.
Denis Austin Power Yoga every day for 9 years!! I just had to repeat that. Who knew but even that will not convince me to get a Denise Austin workout.
Sorry. But I am going to check out clips. Your co worker there has a very hi boredom threshold.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 11:25 AM  
Demeris

The only time I've done this is when I do a t-tapp bootcamp. Then I choose a t-tapp workout and do that exclusively for a week to 10 days, just to intensify muscle awareness (whatever that means) for whatever it is I've chosen to work on.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 11:29 AM  
gladgirl

KB swings. Can't stop doing them. Never tire of them. So versatile!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 11:33 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
Denis Austin Power Yoga every day for 9 years!! I just had to repeat that. Who knew but even that will not convince me to get a Denise Austin workout.
Sorry. But I am going to check out clips. Your co worker there has a very hi boredom threshold.
Ha - I was going to try to broaden her horizons, but decided I didn't really want to get involved. Besides, she's stronger than I am.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-13, 11:34 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I did Charlene Prickett's Step Right Up and a couple of segments of Margaret Richard's Body Electric TV show everyday (while my now 22 yr old son napped) and was in great shape! I paid $40 for the step tape and almost wore it out, lol! I taped the tv show and I wore that one out too. Then a couple of years later I found The Firm and then Cathe....and then VF....and now I have hundreds of dvds!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie success, successful weight loss