Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-13, 08:58 PM  
Genevieve M

recommendation for a collapsible weight bench

Hi,

(to the moderators - if this belongs in the equipment folder, my apologies. Feel free to move it).

Does anyone have recommendations for a weight bench that collapses and folds away? I have been stacking my step risers to create an ad-hoc bench, and want to graduate to something more substantial.

Thanks for any info you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 09:39 PM  
katmom

Walmart carries a Gold's Gym and a Weider bench that folds flat. The price range is $50 to $65.
Old 08-04-13, 05:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hi,

i have this Danskin Adjustable Bench - Amazon Link that i bought for like $40 from a CL seller. it came with a Danskin padded bar, and lots of rubber coated plates. it also came with 2, smaller bars that you could use to make 2 dumbbells.

my bench folds up neatly into a corner, and has metal placements (a coil) to hold the plates, and a notch where the padded bar stands upright.

i described my purchase in this thread on VF.

although it is no longer available from Amazon or Walmart, they seem to show up on CL a lot. mine was barely used and the seller said she bought it from Sam's club.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
danskin