Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-13, 10:03 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Love that cat

If you need a checkin buddy Usia, come join us on the Restart and Renew checkin!
Yep, my Ziggy (avatar) is as awesome in person as he is in this picture...

I need a checkin buddy who will keep me accountable. I'll check the Restart and Renew checkin. Thanks.

Dana
Old 06-29-13, 10:18 PM  
dela

I have been doing really well, my one major goal for this year (that I can remember) was to include 3 or more Essentrics/CS workouts a week. The past couple of weeks, I have only been hitting the 3, but up until recently I was easily getting in 4 or 5 a week. I'm not sure why I have been backing off the past couple weeks, so I have to be more diligent now to find the time to do these.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 05:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have been able to stick with one thing only, and that's doing my Classical Stretch/Essentrics fairly regularly since last July or August. I not only need it, but also because they make me feel so darn good.
Old 06-30-13, 05:40 AM  
topfitmama

topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 08:42 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
My goal is to get myself back down to fitting comfortably in size 36 jeans (UK size 8, US 6). I think that's attainable and a fairly comfortable size for my 5 foot 2", very pear-shaped body!
It is! I'm very much a pear, 5 foot 5, and I love being a size 6 again, although an 8 or 10 is not bad either I've been smaller, but lost my booty, so I am very comfortable at a 6. Just want flatter abs so my muscles show through.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 09:21 AM  
Helen

I've had a pretty tragic 6 months. Not truly, as in no real tragedies happened in my life, but I initially lost around 12 pounds, basically through diet alone, weighed/logged everything to the gram! Work got really busy, lots of take-home work, and totally lost momentum and gained back 5lb.

Thanks for the reminder that we're half way. I'm now on holidays for 2 weeks so I need to pick myself up and start again, yet another time.

I too, have been needing to get rid of about 25-30lb for too many years.

i have continued to use only dusty or virginal workouts, dusty being those I've not done since Oct 2007, and my not-buying pledge has remained strong. I'm seeking some positives since I'm mentally vapulating myself for that 5 lb.

anyway... tomorrow's a good day for a fresh start.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:03 AM  
bubbles76

Helen, is that you in your avatar? You look like a young Renee Zellwegger! Very pretty.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:04 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm still doing the 2013 $1 per Workout Challenge. (I put a dollar in a jar for every day that I work out.) I'm not sure if I'll make my goal (I think it was 250 workouts), but I weigh less than I have in years and am feeling pretty good.

Last year, I was sick all summer and had a cough that lasted almost until October. I'm thrilled to be doing better this year!

ETA: I found the thread, it was 250 workouts:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=188085

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I don't think I made any written resolutions, I usually don't, but I always have the vague work out more consistently and lose weight goal in my head. Well, surprisingly, that's exactly what I've done. My "working out" is a walk every day at the very least. Sometimes I add on pilates or weights, but I haven't been as consistent with that as I have been with the walking, but I'll take it. I also lost about 18 lbs so far too, mainly with tracking my food intake and smaller portions and I'm sure the daily walking hasn't hurt either. I also add short bursts of activity throughout the day, such as jumping jacks. I just hope to continue this positive regimen for the second half of the year and beyond!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-13, 10:40 AM  
juberann

I did'nt (and don't) make New Years' resolutions but 2013 has been a good year,fitness-wise, for me so far. I FINALLY got over my cardio-is-the-only-way mindset and started a consistent weight training program in January and it has made a huge difference!!! I wish I would've picked up the weights years ago. I still do cardio but weight training is now my main focus. I am hooked. So far, so good and with Cathe's XTrain on the way to me, I have no intention of slowing down or losing what I have gained so far

Tags
goals, resolutions