Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-13, 12:28 PM  
lotusgirl

shades of Whole Living and Martha Stewart

This reminds me of when Whole Living stopped publishing back in the winter. No notice from the publisher, MarthaStewart.com. No switch to another publication. I had a few years left on my subscription, and I really enjoyed the magazine. I'm very disappointed with how they handled it and will never buy any Martha Stewart products. I was a longtime subscriber to Whole Living before it was acquired by MS.
Old 06-15-13, 02:52 PM  
princess76

Wow. There was no indication that the business was going under- I'm so glad I didn't plunk down more money to renew my Oxygen e-magazine through iTunes.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-13, 10:32 PM  
Candiceena

To the poster who asked about Robert's illness - I believe he was sick for a little while. I mean, it might have been unexpected that he got sick...but I think she had a decent amount of time to know that he would be "going" soon.

Also, I did not know that Whole Living quit publishing! I used to subscribe then I started not really liking the mag at all. I think I got my last issue in Sept or Oct and I tossed my renewal notice in the trash. Glad I did.

I kind of feel like magazines are a waste of money. I subscribed to People StyleWatch and InStyle (OT from fitness, i know) and now I just find myself getting depressed when I read them because I'm not as pretty/fashionable/rich/creative/whatever to have outfits like those!
Old 06-16-13, 08:09 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

My Oxygen subscription was up in October and I wasn't going to renew, so this saves me the trouble. Sounds like Tosca handled the closing in a very unprofessional manner and that's disappointing.
Old 06-16-13, 08:21 AM  
mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusgirl View Post
This reminds me of when Whole Living stopped publishing back in the winter. No notice from the publisher, MarthaStewart.com. No switch to another publication. I had a few years left on my subscription, and I really enjoyed the magazine. I'm very disappointed with how they handled it and will never buy any Martha Stewart products. I was a longtime subscriber to Whole Living before it was acquired by MS.
Everyday Food got cancelled as well (another MS magazine). I also lost out as I had renewed not long ago!
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-13, 08:56 AM  
sherry7899

mercdees-I subscribed to Everyday Food, and they switched my subscription to Martha Stewart Living (which I'm not into at all) to fill the rest of the issues I had left.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-13, 09:02 AM  
mercedes

mmm... I am also subscribed to MSL.... perhaps that is why I have not noticed it...
Thanks, Sherry.
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-13, 09:11 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
I kind of feel like magazines are a waste of money. I subscribed to People StyleWatch and InStyle (OT from fitness, i know) and now I just find myself getting depressed when I read them because I'm not as pretty/fashionable/rich/creative/whatever to have outfits like those!
I def. think magazines are a waste of money. I used to read several of them when I was young and poor, and they only succeeded in making me highly discontented and poorer from having bought them!

Clean Eating, however, is the only magazine I have really, really enjoyed and gotten a lot of use out of. I'll try to post more recipes in the recipe box for the benefit of the VF masses.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-13, 09:33 AM  
aunatural

Yep. I used to subscribe to Glamour, Cosmo, and a few other magazines way back when. I stopped because I realized I would never be good enough for them- meaning the magazine industry. Seriously, when does the quest for self-improvement end in their world? Their primary job is to prey on our insecurities so they can sell more magazines. Cosmo was especially annoying because I began to feel like they thought my only purpose on earth was to please my man in bed.

I still get 4 magazines but they're magazines that focus on goals I actually want to achieve (Garden Gate (creating a beautiful garden out of my unruly yard), Cuisine at Home (easy ideas for home-cooked meails), Natural Health (adopting a natural/organic lifestyle - although they can get a little nuts too with their "advice", and All You (for the coupons to save money).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
To the poster who asked about Robert's illness - I believe he was sick for a little while. I mean, it might have been unexpected that he got sick...but I think she had a decent amount of time to know that he would be "going" soon.

Also, I did not know that Whole Living quit publishing! I used to subscribe then I started not really liking the mag at all. I think I got my last issue in Sept or Oct and I tossed my renewal notice in the trash. Glad I did.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-13, 12:29 PM  
shoegoddess

OMG!! I am so happy I didn't renew my Oxygen subscription. It ended this month and I've been getting notices to renew for at least 3 months. Just didn't want to fork over the $30. I would have been beyond pissed if I had renewed and now they folded I will miss it tho
Just check the copy I got recently and it has a girl with a kettle bell on the cover (July issue) and the address label says July 01 2013. That ends my subscription. Thank God I didn't renew!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clean eating, clean eating magazine, martha stewart, oxygen, tosca reno