Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-13, 06:42 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Until Rodney Yee releases PM Yoga for the Week (okay, I can dream)

I do AM Yoga for the Week most mornings and it has helped my running tremendously. I'm dreaming of PM Yoga for the Week (has anyone emailed him begging for this workout yet?) but until then, I am going to have to settle for something else. Any suggestions as to what video to do in the evening as my PM yoga rotation? I actually love Yoga Now PM Destresser which is only 10 minutes but I'm looking for something a little more intense than that, and preferably some workouts I can rotate through like AM Yoga for the Week.

Thanks.
Old 04-19-13, 07:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I emailed Gaiam a couple of times and got their rote response, "There are no plans to release this workout at the present time."
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 09:57 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Sheila - you might like the PM section of Suzanne Deason's AM & PM yoga for Weight Loss. (You know Gaiam will label anything "for weight Loss.")
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 10:40 AM  
Eibhinn

I've always been able to be most consistent with before bed yoga/stretching/relaxation practice, which is why I have a lot of suggestions. Also because I used to suffer from insomnia (don't anymore, really, or if I do I just use the short practice from Qi gong for Deep Sleep and I'm out).

PM Favourites:
Deep Stretch with Mimi Solaire
Element AM & PM Yoga for Beginners with Alena Brouwer (PM only, obvs)
Yoga Emergency : Arms & Shoulders with Kristen Eykel
Viniyoga Therapy for the Upper back, Neck and Shoulders with Gary Kraftsow (the low back DVD has backbends)
Serpentine Bellydance with Rachel Brice (the cool-down is a relaxing 20 minute or so viniyoga practice)
Yoga Zone Meditation with Alan Finger (the breathing meditation versus the chakra one)
Yoga Beginnings with Daniel E. Hickman
Pure Tranquility with Rainbeau Mars
Soul Sweat (only the stretch)

If you're open to non-yoga options:
Total Stretch for Beginners with Tamilee Webb (has 3X10 minute options or 1X30 or so minute option)
Hollywood Trainer Core and Stretch it out with Jeanette Jenkins (just the stretch)
The stretch from Slim in Six
Qi Gong for Deep Sleep with Lee Holden (full or shorter practice)
Qi Gong The Flow Continues with Lee Holden
Learn to Breathe with Max Strom

If you don't mind dealing with a bunch of props at night (I vary with this):
Yoga Booty Ballet Pajama Time
Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss with Suzanne Deason (20 minute "Yoga for Energy" practice, which is restorative yoga using a chair and other props - undoubtedly has been released on other DVDs with other names)
Yoga for Stress Relief with Barbara Benagh (especially the insomnia practice, but others work as well)

If you speak French:
Yoga Relaxation avec Lyne St- Roch
Qi Gong Yoga avec Nicole Bordeleau
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 11:08 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

I actually do some of the AM yoga for your week to de-stress - the forward bends and hip openers especially. seseing a sunset would be nice though.
Old 04-19-13, 11:13 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I should have thought of the Tamilee stretching dvd. That is truly my most used dvd of all time. I have a lot of the suggested videos in this thread so will try some of them.
Old 04-19-13, 11:36 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I would love a PM Yoga for Your Week, but since I most often exercise after work, I usually do AMY4YW in the evenings, and it works fine (although you might want to avoid the Back Bends segment then if you are sensitive to the energizing effects).

Deep Stretch Yin Yoga is another nice one for evenings; also the Post-Surf Session from Yoga for Surfers I (I'm probably doing to do this tonight); segments from Benagh's Yoga for Stress Relief and/or AM-PM Yoga; Jill Miller's Post-Athletic Stretch Routines; and maybe the Element series as well.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 12:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Eibhinn;2217801]

Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss with Suzanne Deason (20 minute "Yoga for Energy" practice, which is restorative yoga using a chair and other props - undoubtedly has been released on other DVDs with other names)

Eibhinn - Your description of the 20 minute "Yoga for Energy" practice sent me to amazon so I could buy it, but their description of Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss says it's just the AM portion of the AM&PM Yoga for Weight Loss (which I have, and it doesn't use a chair). ?????
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 02:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

rodney has a couple of yoga for meditation DVDs. in particular, the one released in 1996 "Yoga for Meditation" has 5 practices, separately chaptered, ranging from 8-13 minutes. you're doing yoga poses, and not necessarily sitting still.

i've used his AM Yoga for your Week in the evening.

Barbara Benagh's Yoga for Stress relief and AM/PM yoga is also really good, with MANY short practices to choose from.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 04:17 PM  
Eibhinn

[QUOTE=monterey vidiot;2217856]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Eibhinn - Your description of the 20 minute "Yoga for Energy" practice sent me to amazon so I could buy it, but their description of Quick Start Yoga for Weight Loss says it's just the AM portion of the AM&PM Yoga for Weight Loss (which I have, and it doesn't use a chair). ?????
http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Start-Yo.../dp/B0009XRZBA

There are three sequences on the version I have, anyway. If you look in images of the back of the case, one describes a "30 minute total body yoga workout," which I believe is the AM Yoga for weight loss program, a "20 minute energy balancing program" which is the restorative sequence with the chair, and a 15 minute audio program that is some breathing and stretching exercises with some affirmations. Unfortunately, there is another cover that doesn't have the 20 minute practice listed, so it looks like it's only on the older version (with her in crescent lunge on the front) for some reason.

I'm quite sure, however, that the 20 minute practice is originally a bonus from Yoga Conditioning for Women. I think it's actually designed to be used during menstruation, and she makes some mention of this during the practice. So you could get that one instead to be sure you get it. I'm sure it's repackaged elsewhere, as well, but who can keep track.

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Condition...dp/B00006IX6K/

Gaiam..... sigh.
So annoying.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alan finger, relaxation, yoga