Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-13, 11:44 AM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
Not a fitness celebrity, but Bernadette Peters looks amazing. She's 65 (64 in this photo). Rather shockingly good! (She's the one in the purple dress)

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2565188096/nm0001613
Wow!! She does look awesome
Old 04-04-13, 11:54 AM  
F1mom

Quote:
Not a fitness celebrity, but Bernadette Peters looks amazing. She's 65 (64 in this photo). Rather shockingly good! (She's the one in the purple dress)

Bernadette Peters is my hair idol.

What about that lady posted a week or so ago, the one that did yoga, trapeze and tango? She's amazing!

ETA:

Do you know what I love about most of the women listed as examples? They are beautiful inside.

A beautiful inside makes a really beautiful outside, too. I know someone who just turned 70 who looks like she's in her 40s with a great body but her attitude is so "I look SO much better than you and you are 30 years younger" that it takes away from her great physique.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 12:21 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:

She looks fantastic. She has always had beautiful skin. Ms. Peters has always been pale, so I assume that she has always protected her skin from the sun. This goes a long way towards having skin that ages well, I think.

(I knew better, but still tried to get a sun tan. How I regret that now! The sunburns I got canoeing, swimming, hiking, and body-surfing did more damage, but at least they weren't done in the name of back-firing vanity.)

And yes, she has gorgeous hair too! Not to mention her figure... and talent! Darn her, she's probably nice, too.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 01:21 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Don't know how "famous" she is to anyone who isn't into "alternative" ways of eating,, but Mimi Kirk looks fantastic. She is 73. Genetics plays a part (that bone structure) but years of attention to diet and exercise haven't hurt.

Ditto Cindy Joseph. BTW, I use her skin products and love them.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 01:29 PM  
Harantwanders

Me!
Old 04-04-13, 01:49 PM  
Gams

I like Angelica Huston. I think she's nice and I think she looks good and she hasn't had a lot of work done. I saw her on "Ellen" once and she was talking about when she tried botox and she went home and said something to her husband and he said, "How come your lips don't move when you talk?"
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 02:05 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I like Angelica Huston. I think she's nice and I think she looks good and she hasn't had a lot of work done. I saw her on "Ellen" once and she was talking about when she tried botox and she went home and said something to her husband and he said, "How come your lips don't move when you talk?"
Oh, please. No one puts Botox in their lips. Unless she is a total idiot (or her doc was).
Old 04-04-13, 02:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Oh, please. No one puts Botox in their lips. Unless she is a total idiot (or her doc was).
Well, she didn't say that the Botox was put in her lips. We don't have enough information to know where the Botox was placed so that it could have affected her lips.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 07:04 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Bumping to add 78-year-old Barbara Eden, who still rocks her Jeannie costume:
http://www.people.com/people/article...704870,00.html

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 07:26 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam522 View Post
What about Susan Lucci, I saw her with her Malibu Pilates Chair on HSN yesterday.

...Cheryl
Erica Kane never ages. She must have some kind of super growth hormone. She is even younger than her children.

Tags
aging, ernestine shepherd, genetically gifted, helen mirren, loose skin, over 50, raquel welch, wendy ida